Guest Fancy a Beer

Selling UK Dvd's on Ebay but I got a question!!

Guest Fancy a Beer

Just wondered if anyone on here will know the answer to the following, having a massive clear out of kids rooms and selling loads of stuff on Ebay, have about 20 DVDs of Bob the Builder, Fireman Sam, Postman Pat, Disney etc etc they all bought in the UK and I know the regions are different, if someone here in Oz has a Multi Regional DVD player will these DVD's work on there??

Tried it out myself but have 2 UK Dvd players which they work on fine, and one Aussie Dvd player which they dont work on but its not multi regional, so just wondered if anyone had the answer!! I dont want to sell them and find people cant play them as obviously thats going to annoy the hell out of people!!

Thanks for any help! ;)

Yeah a multi-region dvd player will have them working fine. You can always re-program your UK and Aussie dvd player(s) to become multi-region. Not quite sure how it works, but my hubs did with both of ours (and we have one of each). Think he looked up the codes on the internet.

Guest Fancy a Beer
    Yeah a multi-region dvd player will have them working fine. You can always re-program your UK and Aussie dvd player(s) to become multi-region. Not quite sure how it works, but my hubs did with both of ours (and we have one of each). Think he looked up the codes on the internet.

Apparently we have the only make that you cant do the above to "Denon" we tried really hard to get it switched to play Oz DVDs in the end bought a new DVD player and literally threw away the DVD player that had cost over 500 quid! Needless to say the one I bought for my daughter 20 quid from Superdrug plays anything and seems to be the best DVD player we have ever had!! Next time we wont listen to the sales rep selling DVD/Surround Sound/Stereo stuff!! :err:

Guest the4hopes

We have a Pioneer multi region player that we bought here, and it plays all our UK dvds.

So as long as when you sell them you put the region on the details people will know.

Guest graandjac

IF you go on to you tube and type in DVD hack it gives you a site which gives you all the codes to unlock your DVD players.;)

IF you go on to you tube and type in DVD hack it gives you a site which gives you all the codes to unlock your DVD players.;)

Yes it does, ive just done both ours and its worked fine, now we can watch all our DVD's on both players.....yipee!!!!!:)

Apparently we have the only make that you cant do the above to "Denon" we tried really hard to get it switched to play Oz DVDs in the end bought a new DVD player and literally threw away the DVD player that had cost over 500 quid! Needless to say the one I bought for my daughter 20 quid from Superdrug plays anything and seems to be the best DVD player we have ever had!! Next time we wont listen to the sales rep selling DVD/Surround Sound/Stereo stuff!! :err:

I cnt you did that to a Denon component that is a cardinal sin in the audio/visual World....have shame on you :chatterbox:

lol

We bought a cheap DVD/DVB player and it plays em all, kids are over the moon, although i think Seb watching Harry Potter summat like 4 times a week is a bit extreme...

HG....

Guest guest3462

how much do you want for your dvd's? Our $30 player from kmart plays everything!!! x

Guest Fancy a Beer
    I cnt you did that to a Denon component that is a cardinal sin in the audio/visual World....have shame on you :chatterbox:

lol

We bought a cheap DVD/DVB player and it plays em all, kids are over the moon, although i think Seb watching Harry Potter summat like 4 times a week is a bit extreme...

HG....

Believe me it wasnt easy, but we sort of got to the end of it all, and when we finally found the one person in Adelaide that could help us he wanted just under $200 to change the settings on the Denon, we just couldnt see the point and went to buy a new one!!

Guest Fancy a Beer
    how much do you want for your dvd's? Our $30 player from kmart plays everything!!! x

I put them all onto Ebay now, so will see what happens!! :-)