Guest shizyo

How long does it take to rent a room?

Guest shizyo

I am going to rent a unit/apartment in Adelaide.

Could you please let me know how long it usually takes to rent a unit/aparment in Adelaide?(From the time asking the owner for inspection untill moving into the room)

The reason I ask about this is because I need to know how many nights to book for a hostel while waiting for moving into the room

Hi Shizyo

It may be worth considering a short term rental initially. It can be very hit and miss with rentals and might be quite tough going for an apartment in the City due to demand.

Usually there are open inspections arranged on a specific date, you then go along and have a look with other interested parties. If you are serious about renting it you have to put in an application, this gets assessed with anyone else that has applied.

I think we were lucky as it took us 2 weeks from landing to moving in to our first rental, which was an apartment in the City. Luckily for us the agent was able to take us for a viewing on a one to one but this is not always the case.

Andy

Guest shizyo

Thank you very much for the useful reply.

By the way,may I ask you about the difference between an aparment and a shared house?

According to what I know,a shared house is a house which has 3,4 rooms and 3,4 people share these rooms.These rooms have their own locks and for the main door there will be another lock.So every member in the house will have two keys.In contrast,for an aparment only you live there so is there only one key.Am I right?

Hi

I'm not too sure about a shared house, but yes an apartment only has one key.

I imagine that it would depend whether the shared house is set up like student accomodation, if so you would probably have you own key for your bedroom but if it is just people looking for someone to share a room in a house probably not.

Hope this helps.

Andy

Guest shizyo

Hi Andrew,

Thank you very much for the anwer.

I have understood the difference between an aparment and a shared house.

Cheers,