Guest hulltigers

unlock mobile

Guest hulltigers

hi just wondered if any one can help us. we have monthly contracts at mo in uk with o2. was going to cancell them end of august as we migrate to adelaide 27th sept. i know we will need an oz sim card, but do we get them unlocked before we leave uk or can i unlock them in adelaide, that way least we would still have our phones in use whilst at the airport, heathrow, hong kong etc. thanks phil

Guest lastboyscout

It would be easier to get them unlocked in the UK before you come over TBH ;)

Good luck on your journey:D

Guest hulltigers
    Yep get em unlocked back there mate its soo, much easier...

HG

is it expensive to do there is it,what probs did u have

contract phones in the uk are often already unlocked - they were when i worked for o2 a while back.

if you have a prepaid sim on another network just try it? my OH vodaphone phones were all unlocked.....and my friend gave me her T-mobile phone (again contract) and my vodaphone sim worked in it. if they are locked though definately get the codes in the uk. they do take their time sometimes for the most simple things

hth

kathx

Guest kangomik

i had a samsung on orange through carphone warehouse..... it didn't need unlocking, they told me that if the phone is not imprinted with the network then it will not need unlocking.....

My guess is, unless yours has the imprint on the key pad then it will not need unlocking, just insert a new sim...........or wait till just before you leave and insert a cheap UK sim and see what happens