andy and lindsey

FYI - Womens Issues

Hi there

Just thought I would let everyone know smears tests are done every 2 years in Australia, unlike in the UK where they are every 3 - 5 years and you can get one at either your GP's surgery (cost dependant on Drs schedule of billing) or Family Planning clinic http://www.shinesa.org.au/ Its normal to have a breast exam done at the same time. Mammograms are routinely done (you will be called and given an appointment) from the age of 50 although every woman over the age of 40 can get one done, you just need to call and ask for an appointment (they are free of charge).

Just thought I would let everyone know as it is slightly different here and it may not be something that everyone is aware of!

Lindsey

Thanks Lindsey, that really is helpful. I know quite a few of us are unaware of the procedures here. Of course, it doesn't really apply to me as I'm only 23 and both of my children were conceived by immaculate conception...:biglaugh:

Guest caoimhe
    Of course, it doesn't really apply to me as I'm only 23 and both of my children were conceived by immaculate conception...:biglaugh:

Ahhhh that explains the halo around your head:skeptical:

Guest Guest75
    Thanks Lindsey, that really is helpful. I know quite a few of us are unaware of the procedures here. Of course, it doesn't really apply to me as I'm only 23 and both of my children were conceived by immaculate conception...:biglaugh:

Tempted to give an infraction point for blatant lies here:biglaugh:

Seriously.

Mrs Tyke has regular mammograms and smears,very impressed with the services on offer.