Sign in to follow this  
Guest Trakki

Where to get kids eyes tested??

Guest Trakki

Hi all, we live in Woodcroft and I want to get my 2 oldests eyes tested, they are 8 and 6. Anyone advise of a child friendly place as my 6 year old freaks out at anything like this and it is her I need to get tested most. Also anyone give me an idea of price, we don't have private health cover.

Thanks in advance

Hi Tracey

Don't know anywhere locally to you, we use Laubman and Pank in the North East and they are great. On the cost front though, I think kids' eyetests are covered on Medicare - you just have to pay for glasses if they need them, but if you have a green Medicare card, you should just have to sign. Worth checking with the optician though when you make the booking just to be sure. We don't have private cover either and I've got over any embarrassment now and tell them( and dentists!) this upfront so I know exactly what I'm up for, costwise!

Good luck

Diane

Hi

I take my kids to Complete Vision Care up at O'Halloran hill. The lady there is Margaret...and she is very good with the kids.

My 6 year old son has been wearing glasses for almost a year now...and Margaret has been very good with him.

Yes...the tests are covered on Medicare....but you will have to pay for any glasses. Think my son's cost nearly $300.....we didnt have insurance at the time...but do now!

Guest Trakki

Thankyou Diane and Lorluc, didn't realise the eye test was covered by medicare so thats good.