Guest james tiberius

Gawler move in Jan

Guest james tiberius

Hii to all PIAs.

We are a family of 4 moving to Gawler for work in Jan. We have 2 boys ages 5 and 3. My OH is a nusre who will initially be looking after the kids until we find schools and kindie etec. I am originally from Manchester (blue half) and my OH from Mirfield, now living in SE Notts. My job is in Gawler and we are looking at the following areas to reside,

Gawler South, North, Tanunda, Nuriootpa and Lyndoch. If anyone can give any feedback on theses areas if living there, that would be great.

:idea: On a side issue, if any folks are looking for a drummer for a band come Jan give me a shout.

Best wishes,

JT.:)

Ive stayed in Lyndoch when i went to the barossa for a weekend and its beautiful. I also believe Tanunda is really nice too.The northern expressway is being built at the moment and that could open up alot of other areas for you too.

Guest massive

Hi

we live in Gawler and have done for nearly a year now, all of the areas you are looking at are nice but the ones in the Barrossa are a little bit away from us and apart from some small shops and one suoermarket you will probably find youself going into Gawler for most things

depending on how old you 3 year is they wont go to Kindy here until they turn 4 and we had this problem when we came our little boy was ay Pre-school but then had to wait 6 months before he could go here , the only option would be day nursery or the Montessorri on Evanston park will take them from 21/2, as for schools it depends what you are looking for .

if you want to pm me and ask more feel free good luck give me a shout if you need anymore info

Hii to all PIAs.

We are a family of 4 moving to Gawler for work in Jan. We have 2 boys ages 5 and 3. My OH is a nusre who will initially be looking after the kids until we find schools and kindie etec. I am originally from Manchester (blue half) and my OH from Mirfield, now living in SE Notts. My job is in Gawler and we are looking at the following areas to reside,

Gawler South, North, Tanunda, Nuriootpa and Lyndoch. If anyone can give any feedback on theses areas if living there, that would be great.

:idea: On a side issue, if any folks are looking for a drummer for a band come Jan give me a shout.

Best wishes,

JT.:)

Welcome,

All the areas mentioned are lovely places. Very rural feel about them. We are building at Freeling near by and are looking forward to moving there. As mentioned when the expressway opens next year the trips down to the city will be easier and quicker. At present from Gawler its about the 1 hour mark but will be quicker. Gawler is a great place, all you need is there for shops etc and is growing quick so more will be there soon. If you want beaches is the only down side, its about an hours drive but if like us its not important then you will love it around them areas.

Some good schools in and around Gawler and some good senior schools as well

Guest james tiberius

Thanks for the info from you all. When is the expressway due to be completed and what will be journey time be to the CBD from Gawler when it is complete?

Many thanks.

Guest moonraker1959

Hi I know all those area's really well as I've lived in SA for 30 years (Now in the UK)Lyndoch is quite small,nice though.Tanunda is fairly big(well compared to Lyndoch it is!)Has quite a few shops,but you might be abit limited supermarket wise?Nuri,same as Tanunda.Most aussie country towns have a main street (shopping/pubs ect)and not alot off them if that makes sense.Both my brothers live in Freeling and have done for years.We visited them back in May this year,both are moving as unfortuntately the council has approved 350 new builds,hardly going to be the small quiet town they moved to all those years ago!!!I think they are planning on heading to Tassie!:(.