Guest zaza

online document checklist questions

Guest zaza

Hello,

We've got additional documents request from CO just a couple of weeks ago. Now running around to get all the Police checks and meds done.

Our CO seems to have updated the online document checklist on the day that she sent us the additional docs request email. However there are some things on the updated checklist that doesn't make sense to us and are wondering if anyone can help us out.

1. The docs checklist is still requiring SA state sponsorship evidence. SA sponsor approval was a couple of months ago and we have received an email from immigration SA in the end of June informing that the relevant document has been forwarded to DIAC directly. Do we need to worry about this not being shown as "met"?

2. The checklist is requiring Australian Federal Police check for my partner, who has lived in Australia for 10 months but never over 12 months. On the other hand, attached doc on CO's email states; "Police clearance certificate for each applicant aged 16 years or over from every country where you have lived for a total of at least 12 months in the last 10 years". The information is contradictory... should we just go ahead and get his Australian Fed Police check done anyway?

3. Also the Police check for my partner, the checklist requires two more on top of the Australian Federal Police's record. He has never lived anywhere other than his home country more than 12 months in his entire life. The checklist doesn't tell you which country the required document should be from and we have no idea where the second police check should come from. What are we supposed to do?

4. The checklist also requires three police checks for myself. I lived in four different countries for over 12 months in the past 10 years. I have already collected all of them so should I just upload four of them anyways?

5. There's also one document that still shows "required" although this had been uploaded along with the whole bunch of other docs at the initial application stage which are now showing as "met". Should we worry that something might have gone wrong this file or is it just a mistake/delay? Should we re-load this document or should we just leave it??

Phew, we thought we did pretty well up until now but suppose it's not over yet! Is it normal that there are so many things that are not making sense to this online document checklist? We have lodged PLE a couple of weeks ago but we are not hearing anything back other than that automated email reply. We've also sent an email to the address of CO's email message but only got an automated message back and part of that said people should be using PLE and not the email address for general enquiries...

Thanks once again for your help!

Cheers, r

Hello,

We've got additional documents request from CO just a couple of weeks ago. Now running around to get all the Police checks and meds done.

Our CO seems to have updated the online document checklist on the day that she sent us the additional docs request email. However there are some things on the updated checklist that doesn't make sense to us and are wondering if anyone can help us out.

1. The docs checklist is still requiring SA state sponsorship evidence. SA sponsor approval was a couple of months ago and we have received an email from immigration SA in the end of June informing that the relevant document has been forwarded to DIAC directly. Do we need to worry about this not being shown as "met"?

We made a jpg of the email that immi SA sent us and uploaded it because we had the same question about when they receive it. Did you inform immi SA that you'd lodged you visa application. I think you're meant to email them your TRN. In the end they (DIAC) received notification from immi SA but just to be safe and cover yourself I'd upload a pdf or jpg of the email stating your sponsorship.

2. The checklist is requiring Australian Federal Police check for my partner, who has lived in Australia for 10 months but never over 12 months. On the other hand, attached doc on CO's email states; "Police clearance certificate for each applicant aged 16 years or over from every country where you have lived for a total of at least 12 months in the last 10 years". The information is contradictory... should we just go ahead and get his Australian Fed Police check done anyway?

3. Also the Police check for my partner, the checklist requires two more on top of the Australian Federal Police's record. He has never lived anywhere other than his home country more than 12 months in his entire life. The checklist doesn't tell you which country the required document should be from and we have no idea where the second police check should come from. What are we supposed to do?

4. The checklist also requires three police checks for myself. I lived in four different countries for over 12 months in the past 10 years. I have already collected all of them so should I just upload four of them anyways?

Yes, I think you can upload them. We did and everything was fine with it.

5. There's also one document that still shows "required" although this had been uploaded along with the whole bunch of other docs at the initial application stage which are now showing as "met". Should we worry that something might have gone wrong this file or is it just a mistake/delay? Should we re-load this document or should we just leave it??

We had that too. Even after our visa was granted. It was my youngest daughters documents which I knew I'd uploaded. So I emailed them again to CO just to make sure they'd got them. They will let you know if there's anything else required. I had uploaded my passport pages twice, once for me and once for my eldest by mistake and they just requested her passport pages again.

Phew, we thought we did pretty well up until now but suppose it's not over yet! Is it normal that there are so many things that are not making sense to this online document checklist? We have lodged PLE a couple of weeks ago but we are not hearing anything back other than that automated email reply. We've also sent an email to the address of CO's email message but only got an automated message back and part of that said people should be using PLE and not the email address for general enquiries...

It's pretty confusing at times...just double check everything and if you're not sure just email the documents again to your CO - if they don't need it they can just ignore it but at least it gives you peace of mind that you've done everything you can to make your application go through smoothly.

Thanks once again for your help!

Cheers, r

Sorry I can't help with the other points in your post but hopefully someone else can.

Zoe