Guest Nat

Wood Burning Fires

Guest Nat

Can anyone tell me where to buy a wood burning fire from, please.

I am looking for a silver coloured one and not the standard black, but can only find black ones, so wondered if anyone could recommend some places that sell them, that I can take a look at.

Thanks.

Have a look at BBQs Galore out in Gepps Cross. If you don't like what they have, pick up a card there for their installer. We used him and he sourced our hearth, so could probably give you some tips on where else to buy a combustion heater from as well;) Never seen them in silver by the way...just black and some other colour that is more neutral.

Hi we got ours (although its not silver) from Knights Heating and Cooling on Victor Harbour Road at Old Noarlunga Road (by the Mclaren Vale turn off) - think they did have different colours though. Really pleased with the service - they can out to look at the room and the roof to ensure we got a heater which would be the correct size, always turned up when they said they would. I was so skeptical about a wood burner and wanted to save the $2500 as we have reverse cycle but my husband was insistent and its the best thing we have bought, heats the whole house! and we have bought about $150 worth of wood over the winter and have loads left!

http://www.knightsheatingandcooling.com.au/

Guest Guest75

Wood burners are lovely - just a different type of heat.

Ours burns constantly in winter as we are in and out all the time.

You miss it when it's not going!

The down side is the dust and mess.

I'm going out again today for some more wood to my friend's farm.

Love going out in the county - isolated,no phone signal and all that :)

Guest Guest75
    Can anyone tell me where to buy a wood burning fire from, please.

I am looking for a silver coloured one and not the standard black, but can only find black ones, so wondered if anyone could recommend some places that sell them, that I can take a look at.

Thanks.

There is a big showroom on South Road as you get near the Brickworks on the left there.