Guest Dave & Carole

Did we make the right choice...you bet:)

Guest Dave & Carole

OK so we are only 5 weeks in and I know it is still early days but thought this might be interesting for anyone mulling over Adelaide v Melbourne.

We spent a long time debating it and have now just come back from Melbourne having been visiting friends. Great time catching up and saw some good stuf but for us it was like a visit to London. Very multicultural, lots of good cafes and restaurants and loads and loads of traffic!!!! Its sprawling, industrial and although everyone we met was friendly it was just like any other big city. Our friends there love it - so its all about what suits you I guess. For us, it was great to drive back today to the sun, the sea and 'small town' life. A relief that we feel we've made the right choice for us:wubclub:

South Australia.................Its Heaps Good.!!!!

I thought the same about Melbourne when me and a friend went here a few months ago..Gimme our pace of life anyday....

HG

Good article in the (Adelaide) Sunday Mail last weekend which said "Melbourne is a great place to visit, but wouldn't want to live there; Adelaide is a great place to live in, but probably wouldn't want to visit"! Probably about sums it up!!

Guest cazzie
    Good article in the (Adelaide) Sunday Mail last weekend which said "Melbourne is a great place to visit, but wouldn't want to live there; Adelaide is a great place to live in, but probably wouldn't want to visit"! Probably about sums it up!!

I like this! What I like about Adelaide is the laid back pace of life - apart from when you are driving and the Aussies are maniacs and inconsiderate, everything is pretty chilled.

Guest Roo1
    OK so we are only 5 weeks in and I know it is still early days but thought this might be interesting for anyone mulling over Adelaide v Melbourne.

We spent a long time debating it and have now just come back from Melbourne having been visiting friends. Great time catching up and saw some good stuf but for us it was like a visit to London. Very multicultural, lots of good cafes and restaurants and loads and loads of traffic!!!! Its sprawling, industrial and although everyone we met was friendly it was just like any other big city. Our friends there love it - so its all about what suits you I guess. For us, it was great to drive back today to the sun, the sea and 'small town' life. A relief that we feel we've made the right choice for us:wubclub:

Glad to see your all back from your adventure! PM me your new address as I have some post for you ;)

Judi x

I'm with you 100% on this one.......S.A is great!!!!!!!

Simon:)