Sign in to follow this  
Guest harper210267

Manufacturing Recruitment Agencies

Guest harper210267

Hi,

We are progressing through state sponsorship and will hopefully relocate to Adelaide second quarter next year. I have worked at a senior level within the Manufacturing sector for over 10 years. Can anyone recommend preferred recruitment agencies I should target.

Your help would be much appreciated,

John

Guest ben&sharon

Hi there,

Is it plant management that you're looking at? I work in finance for a manufacturer - I'll ask whether anyone can recommend an agency....

Manufacturing is in the real doldrums in SA at the moment and in our experience, the agencies really are not the way to go. Best bet is to do some contracting work (again though, not a lot - if anything - in manufacturing) and build up some contacts. If you see an agency advertising a job in manufacturing and apply, quite often it turns out the job doesn't actually exist! I gues the agencies have to make a living too, and the more people they can get on their books, the better case they can make to the people who ultimately pay their fees - the employers, so often I think (I could be wrong of course...!) the adverts are just a way of getting more names on their files!

If the fact that you are in manufacturing and live in Essex means that you are in automotive manufacturing...well......even worse I'm afraid! Food manufacturing seems to have a few things come up now and again though.

Sorry...

Guest harper210267

Hi,

Thanks for your response, I have worked as a plant manager for circa 10 years across multiple sectors. I am currentlyworking as a Business Improvement Consultant.

Your help would be appreciated,

Regards

John

Guest kangomik

The forecast is not good i am affraid. Very competitive market at the moment, especially at the high end.