Seaford Rise

Guest driversara@hotmail.com

:unsure:Hello all. Arrived in Adelaide exactly 2 weeks ago. All a bit shell shocked. We decided on Seaford Rise and have managed to get a rental sorted out. Kids (Will, 9 and Grace, 5) going to Seaford Rise Primary. It seems good but it hard to know if we have thrown them into the lions den or not

OH already working and I plan to start looking as soon as things have settled a bit. In the meantime I would appreciate any information on good childcare (nursery or childminder) toddler groups or are there any of you mums/gals out there who meet up at all in the area? (I also have a 2 year old).

Eldest is keen to start living the life, scouts, surf lessons, soccer so if anyone has anymore information on these or any ideas for Grace it would be great. Does anyone have kids of a similar age and fancy meeting up?

Thanks again,

Sara, Howard, Will, Grace and Isabel.:wideeyed:

Guest cazandbrad

were still in rainy england at the mo but as soon as were out would love to meet up my boys will be 10 and 8 but my little girl will be 6 were looking at seaford rise aswell!

caroline xxx

Hiya! Has been raining loads here since we arrived.........................I am assured its unusual!! Have you thought about schools yet? I would love to meet up when you get here. Keep in touch in the meantime and I will find out anything I can for you. You can PM me on driversara@hotmail.com.

Guest katsmajic

Friday evenings at moana surf club are lovley - foods good, beers cheap and people will chat to you.

Welcome to Adelaide - get your bearings and breathe out now - after the madness of getting here lol

hi, kids are always welcome, also Nippers is starting soon which im sure your son will enjoy....nippers is basic life saving training for the kids, teaches them about the sea like how to spot rips and how to get out...great for meeting new friends. just ask at the

SLSC when you nip down for friday night tea ;)

Jo

p.s grace should be able to give it a go as well

my son goes to abc childcare centre on griffiths drive and loves it, been there over a year and cant fault the care. Its about $60 a day but you can claim half of your out of pocket childcare back every 12 weeks as childcare tax rebate and you may be entitled to childcare benefit depending on your family earnings which also reduces the cost of childcare. Governement run family day care centers are cheaper but i dont know how much and i think they are difficult to get places in. Hope this helps x

Hi Sara,

Welcome to Adelaide.

I hope you are settling in OK ??

Seaford Meadows scouts in Railway Street are very welcoming for the little ones !!!

Call in on a Wednesday evening and see Margaret Featherstone (group leader) and she will advise you on the groups joeys, cubs and scouts.

I hope this helps

Guest steve&tracy
:unsure:Hello all. Arrived in Adelaide exactly 2 weeks ago. All a bit shell shocked. We decided on Seaford Rise and have managed to get a rental sorted out. Kids (Will, 9 and Grace, 5) going to Seaford Rise Primary. It seems good but it hard to know if we have thrown them into the lions den or not

OH already working and I plan to start looking as soon as things have settled a bit. In the meantime I would appreciate any information on good childcare (nursery or childminder) toddler groups or are there any of you mums/gals out there who meet up at all in the area? (I also have a 2 year old).

Eldest is keen to start living the life, scouts, surf lessons, soccer so if anyone has anymore information on these or any ideas for Grace it would be great. Does anyone have kids of a similar age and fancy meeting up?

Thanks again,

Sara, Howard, Will, Grace and Isabel.:wideeyed:

Hi guys and welcome to Adelaide! :jiggy:

We have been here 14 months now and I still wake up some mornings shellshocked that we are here!!

Our middle daughter Emily, (9 ) goes to Seaford Rise school. She is in year 3. She loves it there and is doing really well. She settled in quickly and made friends easily.

Our youngest Katie (4), goes to seaford rise kindy, 3 mornings a week. They do a mother and toddler group on a Friday morning, 10-45 till 12-30. Its about $3 and they are a nice bunch. We are buying a plot of land at Seaford Meadows and are renting in Noarlunga Downs.

I am always up for meeting and getting some jaw exercise! :biglaugh:

Tracy

Thanks everyone................what a big help. Can't wait for things to settle down. I am sure we are nearly there. Just kitting out the rental until the furniture arrives. Its like starting all over again. Would love to meet up with those who are up for it and will hopefully get down to the surf club one friday soon.

Guest graandjac

:)A great place for your son to start would be the Surf lifesaving clubs, although they are off season at the moment, it will all kick off in October i think, We are members at Southport( without doubt the No 1 club down south;)) just the other side of the footbridge, there are other clubs. Its a great place to meet people and fun for the whole family, even us old's can get involved, and I did my Bronze Medallion last year.

Guest Sharon and Paul

Hi Sara

We live in a rental in Seaford Meadows so not to far from you. If you want we could meet up for a coffee at Seaford shopping centre. We have 2 children Charlotte 8 years and Jack who is nearly 4 years.

We like Seaford haven't been here long arrived for good on 30th June 2009 but had a holiday here in March so deceided this was where we would like to settle. If you want to meet up PM me.

Regards

Sharon

Whilst I am on with trying to find my feet, can anyone recommend a "good" hairdresser and does anyone know of someone who does piano lessons?

Thanks, Sara