sueoc

One year today.

Well,we have been here a year today,September 5 2008.For us two it was with trepidation,as we did not know what to expect,for our two teenage lads,18 and 16,their world had ended,as we had pulled the comfort rug from under their feet,and taken all their many mates away from them,and believe me ,they let us know(and still do)every day since.In spite of all our troubles on the home front though,Adelaide has been more than kind to us,as all of us are working,and like our jobs.The regular Adelaide people are fantastic,friendly folk,who take you as you are,which we found refreshing after witnessing the way things are going in the UK lately.Just about to move into our year 2 rental,which is bigger and better than our first "mistake "rental,which has been a nightmare,compounded by rude,obnoxious and very cheeky L J(sorry)Letting Agents(using private landlord this time)Anyway,we would have bought a house if we were sure we would be staying,as renting is a mugs game,as all my Aussie work colleagues keep telling me,so soon we will be buying.After 11 months it started to dawn on us that its OK here,we have done the right thing for both us and the Lads,even though they cannot see that,and that migrating to Adelaide is the biggest and best thing we have done.At the end of the day we all want what is best for our offspring,and i think youngsters will have a better start in life here,especially the very young ones.Yes,ive had loads of moans along the way,but the basic way of life is better here for us,Sun,Beaches,Relaxation and all them things.To folk coming over soon i would say,expect hardships and strife initially,but keep plugging away ,like we did,and slowly,(hopefully quickly) things will turn around. It'll defo be worth it all for most of you. All the best,Sue.

Congratulations on making it to 1 year. I remember reading some of your early posts and at times things seemed a bit desperate. I'm glad you have stuck with it and are enjoying it. Good luck for the next year.

Guest massive

good one huni we are coming up to our 1year and will post then but like yourself have posted some not so great feeling but you have always seemed true to youself to me so good on you and glad to see you've made it weldone

debbie

Guest caoimhe

Good luck in the future Sue, we understand very much how hard it is when you arrive, good for you sticking it out.

Guest Lulujim

Wow - a year already?? I remember when you got your visa! :huh: Thanks for your post - so nice to read x