Guest bugbabe

October Expo

Guest bugbabe

Hi,

Has anybody been to an Expo? There is one in Manchester we are thinking about attending on the 10/11th October. Have seen them on TV and they always looked rammed; anyone been and had a good experience, find out anything they didnt know before etc?

Thanks.

I have actually been to the Manchester Expo last October and it was a waste of money effort and time. The only job stalls are for Engineering and for Nurses/GP's. These stall just advise you how to apply for jobs. The Seminars just show a DVD of various cities in OZ. With my own research of OZ I already knew more than these stalls told me. Don't bother with taken CV,s not one person took one. Other stalls are about money transfer like Hifx and Moneycorp, Pickfords removals, some migration agents but they just give you a card with a number on to book an appointment. This is my opinion still maybe ok for you. These stalls just hand out leaflets, magazines and other crap. Go on the Internet and read DIAC website, the South Australia Government website and most importantly this PIA site to gain a much better idea of the process of migrating.

Good luck. PM me if you would like some information about anything.

Guest The Pickles

I have to agree, we went to the London Olympia one and didn't learn anything that we hadn't already from the Internet. The vaguely interesting exhibitors had mile long queues. The only thing that I remember from the whole time there is that South Australia produce 60% of all of Australia's wine. Not really worth the entrance fee eh?

Marilyn

Guest bugbabe

Thanks guys, that was what I was thinking! Really useful to hear directly what it is like and how useful it was/wasnt from someone who has been.

Think we'll give it a miss then. Save myself £30 and a whole day! :)

Guest hel&sam

afraid i agree, we went to one in leeds, lots of banks, removal companies and migration agents didnt learn anything i didnt already know from the web and on here. the only good thing was the lady from the royalmelbourne hospital got really excited and wanted a cv when i said i was a trauma radiographer, shame i'm going to adelaide really!!. personally i wouldnt bother. i was hoping for job agencies to register with but alas was disappointed.

Helen.

Guest BAZnDAF

I agree with the others, went to the Leeds Expo, found it interesting but never really learnt anything that I did not already know from reaserching things myself. We did however pick up a few free books from various stalls.

Barry.