Guest Cara20123

New to everything

Guest Cara20123

Hi,

just starting to look at coming over for a reccie in Feb and Mar 2010- are a mid twenties couple, recently married and looking to move to an area which will be for good(?), so needs to be able to have room for kids if we have them but still be in a coupley area if that makes sense...

Coming from Scotland (brrr) and also coming to look at areas in NZ.

Don't really know that much about where to start, but first of all need a place to stay for a month....

Any ideas welcome (i'll post on the rentals area too)

Job wise probably need to be semi near a hospital as work in health but am an information analyst so have transferrable skills, hubbie completing CIMA exams and due to be hopefully completed before we come over...

We love the idea of Adelaide for the variety of places to go - I like adventure and exploring whilst the other half likes the beach :D

Sure i'll speak to you all again,

Caroline

Hey,

Being a newly married couple....i would imagine...that you would probably want to be close to the city or Glenelg (for some life after dark!!) or at least on good public transport links to get around.

We live on the Noarlunga train line, Oaklands Park, which is great to get around on!

Dan

Hiya, there are a few hospitals in the city (Royal Adelaide, Women and Childrens, Memorial Hospital), Ashford is just outside the city on Anzac Highway and there is Flinders which is South of the city. I'm not familiar with more northern suburbs so can't tell you much about that. As long as you are near a train or tram you'll be ok! The transport here is cheap and reliable - a far cry from the UK!

Glenelg is the busiest of the beach suburbs with lots of shops and restaurants/ bars. While I like it, I think personally I'd prefer to be near it rather than actually live there as it can get very busy. But the other suburbs on the beach are a lot quieter - not all have restaurants/ bars and some don't even have shops! West Lakes is nice but no tram/ train - think the buses are good though.

We are in Brighton (just South of Glenelg) and its very quiet here. There are restaurants etc on Jetty Rd but we haven't had chance to try them out yet! We have good transport links and are walking distance to Westfield Marion Mall which has shops, cinema, bowling, restaurants etc.

Where in scotland do you come from? I'm from Dundee originally,however have lived in various other towns and cities through work.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here. We've been here six years.