Guest kelv&haley

renting without a job???

Guest kelv&haley

hi everyone,im sure someone helpful will know the answer!!!

when we arrive in adelaide we are staying in a caravan for 3 weeks whilst we decide on a suburd and try to arrange a rental property..... my question is will we have trouble getting a rental house if o/h doesnt find work first??? we will obviously have money in the bank and be able to pay a bond but is this all irrelavent if neither of us have got a job first??? hope someone knows the answer, thanks in advance, haley

Guest Sharon and Paul

Hi Kelv, We have only been here 11 weeks so far , and moved into a more permanent rental , both of us were not working , all I done was to offer the landlord 3 months money up front plus bond . I am now working and pay direct debit fortnightly . ATB

Hi,

Letting Agents are A..holes generally,but then i know that's what they are paid to be,so i would go for a Private Landlord.There are loads advertising their accomodation on Wednesday and Saturday in the Advertiser(the most popular newspaper in Adelaide perhaps.Just go along,speak to them,explain the situation and im sure as long as they can see the colour of your money,one will very soon offer you a suitable Rental.Dont worry,the ones we have met so far are just genuine Aussies trying to make a buck,without trying to pull a fast one on people.They play fair if you play fair,thats the impression we get.All the best,Sue.

I've rented for 9 years through 4 diffferent letting agents and never had any problems with any of them. I think attitude speaks volumes. They are there to represent both the landlord AND the tenant and the majority do a fine job.

I've rented for 9 years through 4 diffferent letting agents and never had any problems with any of them. I think attitude speaks volumes. They are there to represent both the landlord AND the tenant and the majority do a fine job.

Not so from my experience,and attitude has nothing to do with it from my quarter,certainly from theirs though,but thanks for that.