Guest hopefull

best time to book flights to uk

Guest hopefull

Hi folks,

We're heading to Scotland next July for a wedding. I've already started looking at flights but they're coming in at over £600.00 each way on skyscanner. Wondering if there's any particular time of the year that it's cheaper to book up. (happpy to take advice on any good websites**

Cheers in advance

hopefull with two ll's

the airlines are just releasing their earlybird airfares for next year. Also check the individual airlines and also aus sites like www.bestflights.com.au. Flying from aus to UK can seem more expensive because we pay higher taxes for our flights than for those purchased in the UK, but there are some good deals about.

I have used bestflights as Rachel suggests above to search, and also http://www.zuji.com.au and http://www.jetabroad.co.uk Zuji is my favourite as it lets you be a bit more flexible with dates, so you can see if by travelling two or three days either side you can get a better deal. OH flew back for a brief visit this July just gone and the flight cost about $1250 return (through Zuji and with Malaysian Airlines) which was way cheaper than the $2000 it normally seems to come out to, including taxes.

Oh, and I think Zuji have recently stopped charging booking fees - sure the others will follow too.

I don't work for Zuji, just used them a couple of times and they came out on top!

D

Guest caoimhe

Friends of mine are going over in a couple of weeks time (September) and they paid $7000 for 4 adult tickets and a child. They booked it a few months ago. Don't know if this was just luck or if September is normally cheaper!

Guest hopefull
    the airlines are just releasing their earlybird airfares for next year. Also check the individual airlines and also aus sites like www.bestflights.com.au. Flying from aus to UK can seem more expensive because we pay higher taxes for our flights than for those purchased in the UK, but there are some good deals about.

Cheers for that will have a look

Guest batleys

if it help we have just paid £620 one way to adelaide at last fly on saturday yippee !!

ive just booked via statravel online for next May $2,100 return departing adelaide to London heathrow. If thats any help. Its flying with cathay Pacific

Guest andrena

check with travel agents as previously in jan there have been good deals released, i booked a couple of years go in jan flying to glasgow in september and i got a really good early bird special, cant remember when its on but there should be a travel expo in the new year