Guest Gordon & Dena Morrison

Taxi or car rental ?

When arriving in Adelaide would you suggest getting a taxi or renting a car from the airport to Seaford?

If so does car have to be taken back to airport after hire expires?

Thanks Dena

Only 20 days to go!!:D

Guest Patch

Up to you , if you want to look around to buy a car then you may as well rent one as soon as you arrive, most hire car firms have other drop off points but you'll have to check.

I see you from Manchester like me, good luck with everything!

Lisa

Guest Roo1

Hi Gordon, Dena (and Lisa!!)

I just picked up on what Lisa said. I'm originally from Bolton and lived close to Worsley.....Stoneclough in Radcliffe, do you know it?

It looks like the northerners are escaping!! Ha.

Good luck with the move. I think its probably best to hire a car at the airport. As you come out the doors its on the letf. Seaford is quite a journey from the airport, about 45 to 50 mins and when you arrive there, you will definitly need a car to get around as there are no train links. Like Patch said, there'll probably be drop off points close by, probably in Noarlunga.

Judix

Guest dglamoore

Greg had to do an airport run the other week and only took about 35 mins back to our house which is just round the corner from where you are staying :)

There are plenty of hire places round the airport to pick up a car but bear in mind you will be really tired after that flight and not sure where you are going so taxi may be a better idea then get a hire car later ;)

Lisa:cool:

Guest Guest75

Hiya

The choice is your.

Most of our guests hire a car from the airport - you can advance book online.

Perhaps just hire for a few days and then buy a car - I can certainly help with this ;)

I have an email owing to you tomorrow about this.

If you really are not confident - catch a taxi.

I guess that with all 5 of you will come a fair bit of luggage.So make sure you grab a station wagon (estate car) taxi at the front of the airport.

I've just called Adelaide Independent Taxis and they have quoted $60 - $70 fare to Seaford Rise from the airport.

I'm quite happy to take you to a couple of car hire firms on the day after your arrival ;)

Guest Guest75

Good luck with the move. I think its probably best to hire a car at the airport. As you come out the doors its on the letf. Seaford is quite a journey from the airport, about 45 to 50 mins and when you arrive there, you will definitly need a car to get around as there are no train links. Like Patch said, there'll probably be drop off points close by, probably in Noarlunga.

Judix

Funnily enough I came past the airport today and to the house it took 39 minutes, just a few mins past Morphett Vale.

Just thought I'd check - and then this question pops up!

Guest Roo1
    Funnily enough I came past the airport today and to the house it took 39 minutes, just a few mins past Morphett Vale.

Just thought I'd check - and then this question pops up!

Wow Tyke, thats very precise! I'm impressed!;);)

Guest Guest75
    Wow Tyke, thats very precise! I'm impressed!;);)

Just clocked 42 mins from North East Road ( north of the city) to Onkaparinga Hills.

I do memorise journey times ,you never know what guests will ask.

All part of the Auseelife service.:D:D

I too am very impressed memorising those numbers :D

Reading on other threads some people say living in south could be to far too travel to city.

Will find out shortly though

Dena