Travel insurance

Janine and Richard

Guest WoodMartin

Hi there

We got travel plus 21 days cover on arrival through Go Walkabout. Cost £121 in total for the two of us. Will be looking for something else once we arrive, but this gives us peace of mind to start with... Also on 475.

Ali

Guest LOOBYLOO

Hi

We are on a temporary visa and have reciprocol health care with Medicare (covers doctors/hospital etc). Medicare does not cover dental or optical for anyone but you can get this cover with private medical insurance.

We went to Medicare office in the shopping centre at Noarlunga. You have to take all passports etc and fill out a form. I hope this helps.

Guest Libby1971

Loobyloo is right...the reciprocal agreement covers essential medical treatment (ie when you're ill) but not elective stuff.

We used Travelmood who were the cheapest at the time. I am not saying they still are but might be worth a look.

We have been here 9 months on a temp visa and get reciprocal medicare and so far 2 of my kids have had hospital appointments, 2 emergency treatment at hospital (both stitches...boys:arghh:) and quite a few doctors appointments, nothing cost us a penny as our doctor bulk bills. I even got the cost of my eye test back from medicare.

We can't afford full private insurance so we have taken out 'extras' cover which had so far paid out for my new reading glasses and gives us 2 free dental check up and clean each a year. Also covers so for things like physio, for us (2 adults and 4 kids) it only costs $32 a fortnight so well worth it