Nurse phone interview.

Guest Allie Bloss

Guest Allie Bloss

Well time is certainly ticking by now. Got butterflies in my tummy more often than not!!

Worked my last shift at my local A&E dept last night - very emotional to walk out the door - suddenly made thinks a lot more 'real'.

Any way looking ahead, I have a phone interview on Thurs 17th 07:30 Adelaide time (Wed 16th 23:00 GMT) from Flinders Med Centre about getting a F/T nursing position in their A&E dept.

I have 5 years UK A&E experience but no telephone interview experience, or Australian nursing experience - to say I'm nervous would be putting it VERY mildlly!!!!!

Please can any one offer any hints, tips or advice on Oz nursing & interviews.

Please keep everything crossed for me.

Allie xx

Hi,

can't offer any advice myself but seem to remember an post by Trakki about a telephone interview also at Flinders, i'm sure she will reply but if not try to pm her. Good luck:)

Simon

Hi, I had a telephone interview with the Women and Childrens hospital. Very bazaar experience but basically they will ask all the normal things that you get asked at an interview, also they will probably ask why you are making the move, they are basically trying to find out if you are committed and likely to stay. In the end my interview ended up as a general chat but I suppose they are getting an idea of you as a person. It was strange having no eye contact and a few times it went wuiet on both ends which was strange as you don't know whether you need to say anything. I will try and find the link to the post I wrote after my interview as it will say more. Just do what you would normally do and say at an intervoew and really sell yourself.

HTH and good luck

I can't offer any advice about the interview, but I can say that my daughter has worked at Flinders Emergency for well over a year now and loves it. She is in her fourth year out of Uni and they have given her lots of support and encouragement to gain further qualifications and experience.

They do seem to be short staffed at present, though.