Guest fuji70

Mile end...? What's it like?

Guest fuji70

Hiya

I've been offered a house share room in Mile End. Anyone know what this area's like? I'm single (obviously!) and want to live near enough to cafes, beach, parks etc, but to be honest, I'd never even heard of this area.

Thanks in advance for all help.

Jo:)

Guest Guest75

It's not too far from the city.

Busy with a mix of housing and warehousing and industry.

Not much of a centre with cafe and bars in it though - you need to go into the city.:)

If you're single and house-sharing it might well suit, but it's not somewhere I'd look to live permanently (but clearly some do and presumably enjoy it, so I'm not knocking it). Apart from residential, it's a commercial and industrial area. There's the odd cafe that is more aimed at passing truck drivers than 'cafe culture' cliientele, but it's fairly close to the city and depending on exactly whereabouts the house is, Sir Donald Bradman Drive shouldn't be too far away (that has more of a typical high street feel to it in places) and also Henley Beach Road should be fairly close (plenty of eateries and drinking stops along there).

Jim

Guest The Steeles In Adelaide

Hi i work in mile end and it is very industrial as other folks have said, not far from city or airport so if it is not long term then would do as a base till you find somewhere, although it could well be right for you. you should look at the address on google maps in satelite view, drag the small man icon to street and have 3d street view.

Hope this helps and you find your perfect place soon

Dave.

mile end isnt that bad, if you go down henley beach road there are tons of shops and some restaurants and your not too far a drive from the city, henley beach and glenelg. Henley square has some nice restaurants and is pretty much an in place other end of henley beach road will take you 10 mins to drive there.

I go to physio in mile end, it isnt all industrial there, there are some really nice houses there and your very near thebarton too for the theatre. Your also not far from hindmarsh which is home to the governor another 10 mins away id say and thats one of the best pubs for watching bands etc. Hope this puts another perspective on it for you , granted its not a suburb for those with 2.4 kids but if your single your literally in the middle of alot of stuff x

Guest kangomik

Watch the plane noise in that area...... but to be honest, if your a person who goes out and about at weekends your not to badly placed for nights in the city and nights in glenelg, could be a good move.