Guest rockpool crab

Job offer of at least 3 months :-(

Guest rockpool crab

Hi there,

My agent has just dropped a wee bombshell on me. All along I've asked "don't I need a job to go to on the SIR 495" and she's been adamant that I don't. I was on holiday (in Glenelg)..checked my email and there's a note from her. "I'm very sorry to tell you that you do need a job offer of at least 3 months in an IT related industry in order for us to gain you SA sponsorhip. We can't move with the visa until you have this job offer in writing..but hey..you don't actually need to take the job..just need the offer to move it all along". She also told me that the visa IS now taking 4 - 6 months to process. I asked her that about a month ago and she told me only electronic visa apps. were taking that long..so now she's changed her mind.

I'm so annoyed. I feel it's a total catch 22. How can I get a job offer if I can't move there for at least 4 months...why would an employer give you that letter if they don't even know when you'll be in Oz. It all seems so hopeless now.

I'm setting up a meeting with the agent and her boss (who pointed out the flaw). Hubbie not chuffed either obviously.

I'll write in another forum later about the Oz experience though..holiday was fab and love the australians they are so nice, chatty and friendly.

Best get off and get some work done I guess :-(

Catch you all later

Carol Ann

Hi

We also hope to go out on the 495 visa. We already have state sponsorship and we didn't need a job offer, is it because of the industry you work in? The only thing I can think of is that some of the criteria changes as of the 1st of September, maybe if you have lodged it before this date it may eliminate you needing the offer. I think it’s ridiculous for them to expect potential employers to go to all this effort if, a. you don’t know when you going to be there and b. you don’t have to accept the offer. Bizarre

Enjoy the rest of your trip.......................

Michelle

Guest rockpool crab
    Hi

We also hope to go out on the 495 visa. We already have state sponsorship and we didn't need a job offer, is it because of the industry you work in? The only thing I can think of is that some of the criteria changes as of the 1st of September, maybe if you have lodged it before this date it may eliminate you needing the offer. I think it’s ridiculous for them to expect potential employers to go to all this effort if, a. you don’t know when you going to be there and b. you don’t have to accept the offer. Bizarre

Enjoy the rest of your trip.......................

Michelle

Hi Michelle...looking back at agents email...here's a direct quote..

Clare has brought to my attention that Sponsorship for South Australia requires a job offer for a minimum of 3 months and the job offer is required in writing. Please note that you do not have to accept the job offer. This is a recent development, so I would like to extend my sincere apologies for not alerting you to this earlier.

Regarding the job offer - this is something that you will need to gain in order for your sponsorship to be approved as you are in the IT profession. Unfortunately we are unable to find this for you. However, I would be happy to do some research for you to help with potential links etc. You just need a job offer in writing but you do not have to accept it.

I guess it may be because my job is IT related. I just feel I'm getting no-where though. Have written to numerous agencies etc but hardly anyone replying. Doesn't bod well.

regards

Carol Ann (back at work now and daydreaming a lot :-)

Hey Carol Ann

I know exactly how you feel - I started down the IT route but, after approximately 8500 words of project write-ups etc. SA changed their mind about IT in October of last year so I thought I was sunk (as far as I know there is still no way to get in via the IT route) . As I'd done some management in my time and my job title now has Manager in it, I set off down the VETASSESS route - basically you need a degree (in anything) and be able to show evidence of management experience; my agent helped me to word my CV to reflect this. This route only gives you 50 points for the job but applying for SIR adds 15 anyway, so I had just enough. The VETASSESS only took 4/5 weeks to come through. Worth a shot??

By the way, right from the very start I was told I had to have a 3 month job offer for SA sponsorship. Methinks a little chat with your agent is in order...