Guest jothefw

Introducing another new face

Guest jothefw

Hi All,

Finally got round to registering - used to be on Ad brits but in the time I've been busy elsewhere it's disappeared ???

Also hang out a little on British Expats but found, particularly today obviously, it's always quite Brisvagas/Perth based and whilst I'm not Adelaide per say I'm closer to there than anywhere else! (We live very, very rurally!)

Home was Northants/Beds/Cambs until 2006 and been here since and loving it - just about to celebrate 3rd year here and trying to find time to do citizenship!

2 young boys, now 7 and 8 (wow, where's time gone!) who wish their lives away to be snow skiing or water skiing - and people wonder why we're here!

Anyway that's the basics - hi!:cute:

Guest katsmajic

Hi Jo, wow 3 years already - how is life?

Martin has got to work out your way in a cple of months - i said he'll have to look you up n say hi.

Good to hear youve all settled well.

Kat :wubclub:

Guest caoimhe

Hi Jo

Welcome to the forum

You location states upper south east so I was wondering where abouts you are...my geography of SA isn't great yet

Guest monnyb

Hello,

Ive been in Adelaide for 4 years and im starting to settle.The citizenship made me laugh..We got round to doing the test last week,had two days to study as we got a email to say we were booked in.The mountain of info is mind blowing..Its not hard and common sence.

We have three children 11,9,2.

Sally

Guest jothefw
    Hi, welcome to PomsinAdelaide!

Thanks for all the hellos ... Upper South East is basically Keith which is on the way to Melbourne if driving through!

Moosh - where in Bedfordshire did you originate from? I'm a Beds girl by birth (for my sins!)

Guest Family Lomax

Hi we are moving in Jan. My daughter will be 12 in October so I am wondering what school your kids go to. I am very confused with all of this.

Belinda

Moosh - where in Bedfordshire did you originate from? I'm a Beds girl by birth (for my sins!)

I'm from Luton (unfortunately), born and bred there. Hubby is from Pulloxhill. Where were you born?

Guest jothefw
    I'm from Luton (unfortunately), born and bred there. Hubby is from Pulloxhill. Where were you born?

Ha ha - I too have the wonderful pleasure of having Luton on my birth certificate although probably the most time I ever spent in Luton itself!

I went to school in Harlington so know Pulloxhill fairly well ... actually lived in a tiny tiny village called Steppingley (better known for a good pub the French Horn!)

Grandparents ran a pub in Harpenden and my aunty still lives there so we'd walk a lot around Luton Hoo with our dogs plus we lived at one point near Hertford so basically flitted all over the district!

Gosh makes my home sick a little to think of all the different little places!:err:

You've been here a while - have you ever been back for holidays?

x Jo

I have pm'd you - wow what a small world!

My hubby's family history is mainly in Steppingley and he went to school in Harlington!

I used to work in the Luton Hoo grounds too!

We've just returned from a trip back to the UK. When I get my PC up and running that has my photos's on, I will put up a post of my experience and how I found the place. Was rather nostalgic but didn't make us want to up roots and return. Home is here now.

How funny that you also have a parrot, we own an Eclectus parrot called Ronnie - who is a right pain at the moment, lol

Michelle

Guest jothefw

Thanks for the pm Moosh! Hilarious - I've forwarded to my mum (who's still in Steppingley! she'll find it very weird!)

My parrot is a green cheeked conure - called Darwin! He too is being a pain at the moment, more demanding than the children some days! Hand reared and very greedy!

I'd love an electus but never had birds before so thought I'd start off small (and normally fairly quiet!) and go from there - definitely had to have a parrot - because well you can! Not very common in England!