Guest bishop3912

Its All Gone!!! Great Removal Company

Guest bishop3912

Well guys thats us all packed up now, the house contents all went on the container yesterday afternoon, OMG cant believe how excited we all are, we fly out to Adelaide on Sat 26 Sept, so hope to see a lot of you at the next meet up locally in SA!!!!

Would really like to recommend the removal company that we used, they were fantastic from the minute Billy the quotation chap came into the house until the minute the container doors were closed, (hopefully they are going to be just as great in Adelaide where they have offices too!!).

The company were Crown Relocations, initially they were our most expensive quote but upon showing them the other quotes they beat the price of them which we were really pleased about as we really wanted to use them. We were really tight on space for our 20ft container but the guys Mark, Darren, Tony and Ashley knew this just by looking so they really helped out by packing as tight as they could with each box, package etc in the end we ended up with 240 items that they fitted into the container. A fantastic set of guys they were really clean throughout the wrapping and packing and even the loading of the container. After a really bad experience with a previous company who initally moved us out to Oz a few years ago Crown were like a breath of fresh air. Would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone, you can even request Mark, Darren, Tony and Ashley to do the packing for you. They were also fab with the baby and kids !!!!

Good luck to all of you who are yet to get packed up and moved

Regards Bishop3912:wubclub:

We also had Crown quote about a year ago and they really were our most expensive quote. If you don't mind me asking - how much did they do your move for.

Moira

Guest PompeyPom

That is SOOOO good to hear. We are using Crown to ship our stuff. We have the packers coming on Monday 28 September. Feel really reassured now! Do they really pack all the knick knack bits - my 10 year old daughter has SO many!!! Wasn't sure if perhaps I should do some. Any info or advice would be very much appreciated. Hope you have a great flight and a fab start in SA. We fly out on 16 October, but hope to complete on our house sale on 2 October. Thanks

Guest Obedoh

glad you had good removals. We had 220 boxes, 2 men and got stung for extra groupage. They didn't pack very effectively. I'm over it now though GRRRRRRRRR!!!

We arrived this morning at 9.15 after having two good flights with Cathay Pacific. Kids slept through most of them and they are asleep again at 7.30. Enjoy your flights. Happy to meet up.

Jackie

Guest MandisFam

Hi, We have Crown coming to give us quote on the 14th October, earliest they could get to me. So I too would be interested to know how much they charged you.

Many thanks

Mandisfam

Guest suttons
    Well guys thats us all packed up now, the house contents all went on the container yesterday afternoon, OMG cant believe how excited we all are, we fly out to Adelaide on Sat 26 Sept, so hope to see a lot of you at the next meet up locally in SA!!!!

Would really like to recommend the removal company that we used, they were fantastic from the minute Billy the quotation chap came into the house until the minute the container doors were closed, (hopefully they are going to be just as great in Adelaide where they have offices too!!).

The company were Crown Relocations, initially they were our most expensive quote but upon showing them the other quotes they beat the price of them which we were really pleased about as we really wanted to use them. We were really tight on space for our 20ft container but the guys Mark, Darren, Tony and Ashley knew this just by looking so they really helped out by packing as tight as they could with each box, package etc in the end we ended up with 240 items that they fitted into the container. A fantastic set of guys they were really clean throughout the wrapping and packing and even the loading of the container. After a really bad experience with a previous company who initally moved us out to Oz a few years ago Crown were like a breath of fresh air. Would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone, you can even request Mark, Darren, Tony and Ashley to do the packing for you. They were also fab with the baby and kids !!!!

Good luck to all of you who are yet to get packed up and moved

Regards Bishop3912:wubclub:

recommendation duly noted and hopefully will be following you very soon, we are very jealous you made it out there before us, still at least you get to do all the hard work for me (lol) have a bottle of rose chillin in the New Year, actually make that a few (lol) its gonna be a big family celebration when we get there !!!

Shona (35) Ian (35) Elisha (11) Mitchell (7) and Ty (2)

Guest bishop3912

Hi sorry reply taken so long, only just got temporary internet connection, lol. We had a 20 ft container and it cost us 3,700 (that was after negotiation on their original price of 4,200ish), they packed fantastic as we orginally had over the amount and would need to have put some in a shared container, luckily the guys were aware of this (by their firm and by us on arrival), (actually they knew just by looking it was going to be tight) so they packed really carefully. They were a fantastic group of guys, wouldnt hesitate to recommend them. Good luck, corinne x

Hi all, Just to throw another name into the hat. ATLANTIC INTERNATIONAL, these guys were brilliant.

We had prices from Pickfords, Atlantic and Johnsons.

Johnson's couldn't spell Adelaide!!! so that was that!!

It was then a price off between pickfords and atlantic. We were able to save over £700 by getting both parties back out to re-estimate.

To be fair Pickfords were the cheapest by £90 but we went with Atlantic purely on the materials used for packing. 10,000 miles is a long way.

We were able to get 700 m3 for just under £3000.

+ insurance @2.5% then mechanical damage cover for 0.2%

Weekly Uk storage for £21 +VAT (1st 4 weeks free).

The above prices are for a shared load, cheaper than a full load and on the sea longer so saving on storage costs as we are not sending our thing over until January 2010.

Hope this helps.

Guest Lucky

I'm sorry to have to give a negative view here, but we used Crown and they were awful! I list why:

1. They tore a hole in our flooring while wrapping a candle holder upside down...our house was sold so the new owners had to be given money to get a new floor!

2. The packers ran out of packing materials and left for hours to drive accross London to get more.

3. They dropped loads of small bits out of our kids' toys which we found lying around on the carpet after they'd left at night.

4. They turned up with no tools (such as screw drivers to take furniture apart) and used ours which were already cleaned and packed away.

5. We were told to throughly clean our bike wheels, but then they wheeled them down our muddy side alley in the rain to put them in the container.

6. They wrapped up our large dining room table and then asked us what door it would fit through (it didn't!)

7. They loaded our boxes on and off lorries over three days because the organisation of getting the container to our house was so poor.

They were the most expensive but it did not equate to good service at all. I have made a complaint, and I'm claiming for damaged items here in Australia, but it is a long process and all they say is it isn't usual for Crown...that's no consolation when you spend best part of £4000 and have broken and missing items.

My advice is steer clear. Sorry if I sound negative, but I'm still upset at how badly it all went!

Sue

Guest bishop3912

Know where you are coming from Sue as we had this experience with PSS International last time we came over to Oz. At the end of the day it is down to the packers that pack up your belongings, the good thing with Crown is that each packer initials their own boxes so they are the ones that get into trouble for any breakages that people claim (we were told this by our packers). We were really lucky and had great packers that were really considerate. With our last experience with PSS we were unlucky and have only just finalised our claim with them nearly 2 years later!!!. Good luck with getting your claim settled quickly, and dont be fobbed of as if they were anything like our claims handlers they tried to give us hardly anything for the goods that were badly damaged and broken by PSS, we fought our corner, albeit taking nearly 2 years and have finally got only GBP200 less than we originally wanted. Regards Corinne x

Guest Lucky

Hi Corinne. Thanks for that. And well done for standing your ground on your claim. Crown have been very good here but the proof will be in the claim result. I will take your advice and not back down.

So you're back in Colchester? We have loads of friends in Colchester and have said that if it doesn't work out for us in Oz, we will move back to Colchester! It's a lovely place.

Thanks again, Sue

Guest arthurdiane66

Hi All,

I just made a post on another thread about shipping and im sure you will be interested in what was said, well I hope. I came across a website on adelaide bound called currencyfinder it has a shipping section its like a comparison website you put as much info in as possible and they get prices from all the different companies. 1 tip is too put the best price you have already had in the comments box, i have used it for shipping and currency and it saved me money. Let me know how you get on.

Art