Guest bishop3912

Gymnastics Clubs

Guest bishop3912

Hi I am writing on behalf of my 8 year old daughter who is gymnastics mad. She currently trains intermediate for 5 hrs a week (was due to go up to 7.5 hrs a week but due to leaving she is not) and is desparate for me to find her a gymnastics club immediately we arrive!!!!!!! lol. Does anyone have any good recommendations on clubs that their children train at, competitions etc, have looked on the SA gymnastics web site for the list of clubs but would like some personal recommendations, please.

My 6.5 year old boy also does gymnastics and was just about to start doing 2.5/3 hrs training a week (when we gave notice to the Club we were leaving!!!) so will need somewhere that does boys training too (dont know what its like in Adelaide for boys training but do know boys training is hard to come by in my area at the mo!!).

Also if anyones kiddies would like to chat to mine they would be really grateful.

Thanks Bishop3912

Hi

It really depends on where you live but my daughter trains for 6 hours a week at funky moves gymnastics club at Lonsdale near Reynella. She loves it there and they take part in competitions every 6 weeks. There are several other clubs in the area but we love Funky Moves. hope this helps

heidi x

I know my daughters friend used to go to the club at Tea Tree Gully (contact details are here: http://www.northeast.net.au/ne-sports.php?maincat=2&subcat=&linkscatid_animalsL=2021#2021) and my daughter started going there too - they seemed very well organised and seemed to enter competitions at quite a high standard - only reason daughter stopped was because it clashed with another activity and she was quite sad to have to give it up! They definitely had boys as well as girls there.

Depends where you're going to be living though - I'd get that sorted first, then I'm sure there'll be a club nearby, wherever you are!

Guest back clan

There is also gym jets at Marion and the county squads train there. It'sbased at Park Holme and Ascot Park Primary school is a gymnastics focus school.

We are going to hunt out a decent club this weekend as our daughter does gym and weve only been here two wks.

Will pm u if i get any info

Guest guest569

Its girls state championships this weekend at the gym on Oaklands road , nr marion. That might be worth a look to see the different clubs in action.

Like fishers i would recommend funky Moves at lonsdlae. my 8 year old daughter loves it as does my 6 year old son ( south australian under 7 state champion !!!:notworthy:)

Does it show that i'm a proud dad ????:biglaugh:;)

Guest bishop3912

THanks everyone for your replies, all this info really helps, will defo be visiting the ones mentioned once I arrive to get the low down on them. Glad to know that there are other gymnastic mad families out there too!!!!!!!!!! lol. Passionate Pom, congrats on your little boy being the Under 7 SA champion I bet you are well chuffed.

Not sure on area yet, keeping an open mind but shouldnt be too far from the clubs mentioned, currently looking Seaford Rise, Aldgina Beach, McLaren Vale etc etc, but until we get to SA we wont know.

Bishop3912

I know there is a club at Seacliff, Blackwood and Glengowrie. My son goes to Glengowrie as they were the only ones with spaces for boys. The facilities aren't as good as Gymnastics SA (Marion) but they compete there. There is also another club that uses the Marion site - can't remember what they are called though. Gymnastics SA is the best one I suppose, but you have to get selected to join GymJets and it costs quite a bit. They said for my son it would be $400 per 10 week term and that was only for 2 hours. So you can probably treble that for 6 hours a week!!

As with lots of things it is personal choice and location!!!!!

Clubs here often do not look as good as in the UK, being in industrial units rather than posh sports centres, but it does not necessarily mean that they are not good, value for money and your kids won't do well!!!!

Once you know where you are going to be living go and look at the clubs and try and get a feel for them!