Guest pushbutton

English TV

Guest pushbutton

Not sure if it's been covered on the forum before, but if anyone is missing UK TV, there's no need to anymore.

All you need is a computer and a fairly decent broadband connection, and you can watch BBC1, BBC2, ITV1, Channel 4 and Channel 5 'live' (as it goes to air), and completely free of charge.

Just go to www.filmon.com, download the player (very quick and easy to do) and enjoy!

For a guide to what's on BBC 1 and 2, and ITV1 go to www.itv.com/tvguide. The guide automatically comes up showing what's on now first, followed by what's on later, so you can literally see what's on now, and watch it immediately on your filmon player.

Have fun!

Guest guest3462

just had a look and although it does look good, it looks quite expensive, just for OH to get match of the Day!!! lol!

Will stick to the garbage of foxtel for now thanks

JC

Guest pushbutton
    just had a look and although it does look good, it looks quite expensive, just for OH to get match of the Day!!! lol!

Will stick to the garbage of foxtel for now thanks

JC

It's actually free of charge to watch BBC1, BBC2, ITV1, Channel 4 and channel 5. There are also some pay per view channels you can get if you want them but personnally I just use it to watch free British TV.

Guest allie

great post thanx :) now i can watch late night tv in the morning and vice versa! just wish i could get bbc iplayer and then i would be truly happy!

great post thanx :) now i can watch late night tv in the morning and vice versa! just wish i could get bbc iplayer and then i would be truly happy!

You CAN get BBC iplayer. I paid $50 for a uk proxy connection from http://www.hide-ip-soft.com/, It makes it look as if you are in the UK. Cazzie and I use it to watch "Have I Got news For You" and it works really well.

Guest Django

I have a different connection but rarely use it as anything I would watch is on at silly o'clock when I'm asleep. Though watching Match of the Day first thing on a Sunday morning is pretty good (when I remember:biglaugh:)

I have a different connection but rarely use it as anything I would watch is on at silly o'clock when I'm asleep. Though watching Match of the Day first thing on a Sunday morning is pretty good (when I remember:biglaugh:)

Hi Pete,

BBC and ITV players allow you to watch things up to a week after they have been on. So you can watch what you like and not lose any sleep! Like you would have the time of course!:biglaugh:

Guest Django
    Hi Pete,

BBC and ITV players allow you to watch things up to a week after they have been on. So you can watch what you like and not lose any sleep! Like you would have the time of course!:biglaugh:

Yeah I used to use them in the UK along with the Channel 4 one. Great for watching shameless.;)

Is the $50 a one off payment or a yearly subscription????

I always have time for 'QI' ;):biglaugh:

Hi Pete,

Don't think that you can watch MOTD after it has been aired because of broadcast rights. Shame but the BBC have a new Football League Show which I think can be played on iplayer later.

Cooler

Yeah I used to use them in the UK along with the Channel 4 one. Great for watching shameless.;)

Is the $50 a one off payment or a yearly subscription????

I always have time for 'QI' ;):biglaugh:

It's an annual subscription I'm afraid! But still great value I reckon

Well thanks to pushbutton and Bill we now have access to BBC iplayer, as well as Filmon or whatever it's called. With iplayer you can watch what's been on but with the other one you get to watch live. Bit gutted about MOTD, that was the whole point of getting the UK ip address! Daren't tell the old man he'll have to get up at the crack of dawn to watch it live!:biglaugh:

i use torrents and download MOTD on a sunday morning as this guy puts up as soon as....as for live footy i watch streams and they are pretty good.

PM me for info

HG

I'm with you HG - MOTD (1 and 2), the Football League Show and Football Focus, all there for the asking ;-)

I actually wrote a tutorial for this a while ago...might PM Django to see if it's something I would be allowed to post.

J.

Guest graandjac
    :goofy::swoon::sad:, miss uk TV.....let me think.....not a bloody chance......!!!!!!!:P