Sign in to follow this  
Guest deanewens

brickies!!

Guest deanewens

hi there,

im a brickie moving to to oz with my partner next year and ive been told things in oz are like they are here, bye that i mean you dont really see to many jobs advertised its all about your contacts you have built up over the years, would that be right can anyone tell me first hand.

if there are any brickies out there than can give me the relevent phone numbers and contacts that would really really good, many thanks

dean, bricklayer, brighton.

Guest the4hopes

My husband is a plasterer, he is on his second job since last october he got them both by just asking if there was any work, its the same as it is in the UK a lot of jobs are not advertised but there are still vacancies you just need to email and phone the companies.

Guest Bigmac

Hi Dean, give me a bell when you get settled, i,m a brickie from aldinga beach and hopefully i can help.

Guest Georgy80

Hi there,

I am asking on behalf of a girlfriend's husband who arrived in Adelaide from England. He is an experienced bricklayer and would like to work for someone else (as he is still waiting on his ABN to do contract work). He is currently employed but not working in his skilled profession, which is bricklaying.

If anyone knows of any work going can you please message me with your number.

Thanks so much!

Georgy

Guest Tamara

Hi there

Did you get work?? My husband is a brickie looking for someone to work with him. They must have ABN and own phone number. Work will be continuous in the southern area - for the right person!

Tamara

Hi there,

I am asking on behalf of a girlfriend's husband who arrived in Adelaide from England. He is an experienced bricklayer and would like to work for someone else (as he is still waiting on his ABN to do contract work). He is currently employed but not working in his skilled profession, which is bricklaying.

If anyone knows of any work going can you please message me with your number.

Thanks so much!

Georgy

Guest Georgy80

Hi Tamara,

My friend's husband did contact someone from here and is having a 'trial week' this week. News is he is absolutely loving it and is really happy to be given the opportunity to work in his trade.

Fingers crossed that all goes well for all involved.

I hope your husband finds the right person to work with. Soon we will probably have all the poms building and drinking tea together in the south... lol...

I will let you know how things progress ;).

Cheers,

Georgy