Janine and Richard

Child Care Levels

Hi

Can anyone advise me what level I might be classed as with a degree in Early Childhood Studies. It is recognised by DIAC. When I look at childcare jobs it says Level 1 or 2.1 etc What does that mean ?

Regards Janine

Guest katsmajic

You need to get your skills recognised/transfered at the skills recognition centre on currie street in the city - they will give you a letter stating what your qualifications are equal to here.

Cert iii nvq is a cert iv here etc - so looking at cert i/ii positions here are way beneath you but again you have to start somewhere and quickly run up the ladder :idea:

cert i/ii holders tend to be teenagers and are much cheaper labour.

you may also need to do some additional topics/units at tafe here, mandatory notification (child protection) and the such ( the aussie certs so any company that does hire you can satisfy the auditors that they have met the legal requirements for running a child care centre )

hope this helps

Thanks for the reply Kat. Will make a note of the address. Also I see you have an 18 year old Jake, I have an 18 year old son what does Jake do? Does he go to school or tafe? I also have a 15 and 11 year old boys which will go to school but I dont really know what the 18 year old can do about education/work we are on a 475 visa?

Thanks for all your help

Regards Janine