TRA Failed!!!

Guest Jane & Tony

Guest Jane & Tony

Well folks we have failed the TRA. Hubby has been in the trade for 27 years (Carpentry )

and has learned the trade over the years with no formal training. We sent 6 years worth of proof that he has been working as a carpenter over that time and they want to know who supervised him!!! Can anyone help? I e-mailed the TRA before we sent off the forms and they mailed back that 6 years worth of proof needed to be supplied. Tony is gutted. He wants to see his Mum & Dad in Adelaide!!:mad::mad::mad:

Guest Rob & Shaz

HI jane &Tony , Don't give up just yet ,are you with an agency? we were told by two agencys that we could not go (rob does IT work ) then we went to The emergration Group agency and they said it would not be a problem and it hasn't been. Try and get some proper advice before throwing in the towel. I really wish you loads of luck a good agency will find another way in hopefully. keep us up to date shaz &rob.:o

Guest soggy

Hi sorry to here about the TRA result but dont give up, I have 20 years experience and no qualifications, and passed, i included a work history accounting for every year as far as who I worked for, most no longer exist, and made a statuary declaration stating this, all I got a site manager who I worked for to give me a reference saying I had worked on his sites many times over these years (true), I also had my current manager give me a reference. It is important to have people they can contact to check your history, and every duty expected of a carpenter as described on the skills list has to be mentioned somewhere, if you pm me with your e-mail I will give you more details of how I passed as Painter and decorator if this would be a help.

You can apply again just keep going, with 27 years experience im sure it is just getting the evidence together and the right presentation.

Simon

Hey, Sorry to hear your news....however you can not give up!!! We passed our TRA with just 7 sevens on the job experience...no qualifications!!! We used an agent who was priceless for that help!!

Get yourself an agent and try again!!!! If you wanna see the sort of statements we sent let me know..... different trade but you will get the idea of the detail needed!!!

Dan and Steph

Guest jetskitony

Hi,

really sorry to hear that you didnt pass the tra it looks like you failed on not giving enough evidence,the tra want to see a transition,when you send of for the next tra tell them about what you did when you first started 27 years ago,like the tools you were able to use then or what you started of making etc then when you learned more what you went on to do next, try and remember who was around to advise you all them years ago or who taught you even if you cant contact them anymore you can do a stat dec,you could get an agent just to get you through the tra,if you need any advice just ask or pm us,hope this helps.

Myrtle,Tony,Callum

Guest dglamoore

Don't give up - Gregs TRA was passed purely on experience alone.

We had to supply reams of info including dates of training, names of trainers, detailing how the training was done nearly on a day by day basis and back this up with proof he worked there so sounds like with a bit more info you should get through :)

We went back 20 years to when Greg started - although they want 6 years this is the minimum so if he has worked longer in his trade supply all the info from day 1.

We had help from Go Matilda and not sure would have got through without the help from Shaun there as it was a nightmare :eek:

Lisa:cool:

Guest sarahsmartiepants

Dont worry too much, get an agent, they are worth their wieght in gold sometimes! I know lots of people dont use them, but in times like this they are worth it. You can contact them and know where you stand all the time, instead of guessing and getting info from forums, which I think is difficult because everyones expirience is different.

We had friends who used one of the largest migration bureaus, he failed his tra 9 months after application, bu this time, we started later and already had TRA. He is ann electriction and had been since leaving school. He went with our agent and the TRA in 4 mths and visa 4mths later.

So all is not lost.....migration solutions...

sarah

Hi, sorry to hear the news. My husband failed first time round too, he had to then write a competency demonstation report as he couldn't get the classifiction that he needed.

It took him months to get it right but it was accepted in the end.

Don't let this set you back.........where there's a will, there's a way!!!;)

Judi x

Guest Django
We are NOT giving up!!!!

3.gif3.gif3.gif

Quite right. If you want it that much there is always a way. We are lucky as skill assessment easier for nurses than tradespeople. We did the skill assessment and didn't even know it. We thought we were just registering with the nursing board.

Keep us posted with the TRA fingers are crossed for you here. 1.gif

Pete

Guest graandjac

:mad:hi guys chin up its not the end i passed ours with an agent and still have all the instructions if you need some copies can do some no problem, i am also a trade with no formal training so it can be done....pm me if you want copies Cheers Graham

Guest Aussiebound

Sorry to hear you didn;t pass this time but don't give up.

If you want copies of what we put in TRA forms, PM me and I will send you copies. We also had loads of help from Shaun at Go Matilda, well worth every penny.

Good Luck

Sarah

Definitely don't give up !

Ashley did have 2 years college, 15 years working for 4 P&D companies & more recently 6 years self employed. The TRA was very detailed, we followed the template of a builder, start building a step then eventually you build a house ! A bit extreme & quite hard to apply to P&D but with evidence you get there in the end.

Fortunately we had accountancy info, commercial & domestic references for companies & private sector all on headed paper - basically we were told the more you provide the better !

Agree with Sarah, the agent helped us loads well worth the money !

Can you appeal or something at this stage? Don't give up, good luck.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Traci5

Chin up all is not lost.. We also went through Go Matilda and they were fantastic. My partner has no formal apprenticeship and he just had to write a stat dec covering everything he had done, who taught him to do it, how he knew how and every detail of every job. It was about 7 pages long by the time we had finished but it did the job. We got our TRA accepted in about 8 weeks.

Good luck!

Guest Jane & Tony

Hi all

I just want to say thanks to all that replied to our thread. We now have Ian Harrop as an agent and I am already impressed with him. He phoned straight back and we have a meeting with him in Oxford on Monday. Things should start moving now.

Cheers

all

J&T xxx

Guest the terry's
Hi all

I just want to say thanks to all that replied to our thread. We now have Ian Harrop as an agent and I am already impressed with him. He phoned straight back and we have a meeting with him in Oxford on Monday. Things should start moving now.

Cheers

all

J&T xxx

Hi Jane & Tony, we too are doing TRA with Ian Harrop, seeing him on wednesday with all info (and there seems to be alot !) Hope all goes well from now on, you never know we might even see you in his office one day. Good luck Helen T.:)