Sign in to follow this  
Guest hussain_2206

Accountants Job

Guest hussain_2206

Dear All

Pleased to let you all know that our visas 176 have been granted and we are planning to move adelaide in between jan-march 2010.

I just wanted to know about the market for Accountants in adelaide and would appreciate if any one can assist us in finding jobs or give contacts for recruitment agencies in adelaide.

regards,

Hussain

Guest ben&sharon

Hi there,

What sort of an accountant are you? If you're at fully-qual level, then contact Caroline Rosenthal at Hays as soon as you get here - she placed me within a week and was exceptionally helpful.

Guest hussain_2206

Hi,

I am a qualified Management Accountant. Can you please send me his contact details.

thanks

Hussain

Guest ben&sharon

Caroline is a she, not a he!

If you're still in the UK, you will need to get in touch via Hays globalink, who are based in London: globalinkteam@hays.com - contact name is Rachel Baldy. They contact the Adelaide office on your behalf - it's impossible to get anyone here to answer their e-mail unless you're on the ground.

However, I found that the best thing is to wait until you're here, then call the Hays office on 08 8231 0820. They're based in the city, so you'll have to go in for an appointment, but I found them pretty helpful once I was here.

Do you have PR? That will make life an awful lot easier for you......

Guest hussain_2206

Thanks!. Yes I have a PR visa 176..... can you share some more tips for making life easier in adelaide....

Caroline is a she, not a he!

If you're still in the UK, you will need to get in touch via Hays globalink, who are based in London: globalinkteam@hays.com - contact name is Rachel Baldy. They contact the Adelaide office on your behalf - it's impossible to get anyone here to answer their e-mail unless you're on the ground.

However, I found that the best thing is to wait until you're here, then call the Hays office on 08 8231 0820. They're based in the city, so you'll have to go in for an appointment, but I found them pretty helpful once I was here.

Do you have PR? That will make life an awful lot easier for you......

Guest ben&sharon

The best tips I can give you are to make no assumptions about anything until you're here, prepare to be flexible when it comes to work - you may not get exactly what you want to begin with - and do bags of research. This is a great source of information - use the search facility, and you'll usually find that someone has already asked the question you're after. And if not, then people are more than willing to help if they can, though you will usually get a mixed bag of responses!

Oh, and keep your head screwed on - this is not the promised land, but it is a very nice place to live......!

Good luck with your preparations and your move,

Sharon.