Shipping Dog

Guest kelly1980

Guest kelly1980

Hi All,

Just started thinking about arranging to move the doggy over to Oz with us in March next year. We are hoping to arrive at the same time and the plan is we will be staying in Melbourne near the Animal station for a few weeks, however as yet we don’t have a definite address/ date for our arrival.

We noticed when applying for the import license (which we can do within 6 months of travel) we have to give the importers details and an Australian address/ contact number. It suggests if you don't know this yet you should give the name of a friend/ family member or representative in Australia, however we don't have any of the above as yet! Any ideas – maybe we just need to wait till we have arranged accommodation in Melbourne?

Also on a general note any one got any experience on shipping their pets to Melbourne? I'd be interested to hear others peoples experience of visiting their pets at the Quarantine station in Melbourne, it say twice a week by prior arrangement, is this quite strict?

Thanks

Kelly (an over anxious dog owner!)

Guest Woody and Jane

Hi Kelly, our dogs are flying out at the end of October, we are using a company called Golden Arrow and so far they have been great. I am also very anxious! I have worries about so many things but lots of people have done it before.... Do you work with any Ozzies that could help you out with an address? if not we are over there in November and would be happy to give you a contact address once we are settled somewhere. We are using a distant relative as a contact, hope it all works out or they are going to end up with 2 big dogs ha ha

Guest kelly1980

What a kind offer! Thank you. We do have a friend in Melbourne we are hoping to stay with so we'll contact them and see if they are willing.

I may contact golden arrow for a quote. Just had one back from airsupplyshipping for £2384. I must admit it's the thing I'm most nervous about- mostly the travel part as opposed to the quarantine.

Good luck to you all, I hope it all goes well, let me know how the dogs (and you!) get on with it all.

Guest Woody and Jane

Yep its defo the time on the plane which is the worry, will let you know how it all goes, Golden Arrow spray the container with a dog feramone(?) called Dap which is naturally calming to dogs, sounds good I think I might need some. Take care x

Hi Kelly

We have just got our dog back from spotswood in Melbourne and cannot praise them enough.

We flew our dog over using Golden Arrow shippers, Shropshire, tel: 01 588 680 240 (we were based in Sussex and met them at airport) they were fantastic and I could not recommend them enough, very personal, efficient and put you at ease.

Henry flew a day after us but stayed with them a few days beforehand to get used to his travelling kennel!! He stayed at Spotswood in Melbourne for 30 nights. We did not go to see him but rang them and emailed them on numerous ocassions and they always responded as soon as they possibly could. They seem to have one person allocated to certain dogs so you get to speak to them each time.

Henry is now with us in Adelaide (only got back this weekend) and he has settled back into family life. We were all very concerned over him but he is back to his old self and it feels like he has never been away.

We were lucky as we had a friend and used her address, why not ring or email Spotswood as they really are very helpful.

Hope all goes well but am happy to discuss if you want to further.

Sarah

Hi All,

Just started thinking about arranging to move the doggy over to Oz with us in March next year. We are hoping to arrive at the same time and the plan is we will be staying in Melbourne near the Animal station for a few weeks, however as yet we don’t have a definite address/ date for our arrival.

We noticed when applying for the import license (which we can do within 6 months of travel) we have to give the importers details and an Australian address/ contact number. It suggests if you don't know this yet you should give the name of a friend/ family member or representative in Australia, however we don't have any of the above as yet! Any ideas – maybe we just need to wait till we have arranged accommodation in Melbourne?

Also on a general note any one got any experience on shipping their pets to Melbourne? I'd be interested to hear others peoples experience of visiting their pets at the Quarantine station in Melbourne, it say twice a week by prior arrangement, is this quite strict?

Thanks

Kelly (an over anxious dog owner!)

We used Golden Arrow to bring our Jack Russell over last year. Although they weren't the cheapest quote we got, we were really happy with the service and I would definitely recommend them. The staff were lovely and we felt happy leaving her with them. She arrived safe and sound in Adelaide one month later.

Cheers,

Bec x :wubclub: