Guest stufi1997

qantas flight via hong kong/ sydney

Guest stufi1997

Hi all,

Have just booked flights for my sister and BIL + 3 kids and baby to come out to validate their visa:). Was just wondering if anyone has any experience of this flight. They leave from Heathrow going to Sydney via HK then on to Adelaide. Has anyone done it this way with kids? we travelled with Singapore Airlines and they were great, but just too expensive at the moment, last minute for the 6 of them....

Cheers all,

Fiona xx

Guest MarkIngram

not done this one....we've got ours with Singapore Airlines...fly out in just 34 days time (arghhhhhhhhhhhhh-yeeeehaaaaaaaaa) and we've got a 5 year old and a soon to be 8month old.

We came out that way. It was ok, apart from the usual British Airways (Qantas flight operated by BA as Qantas Partners) crew crap service. The only thing we didn't like was having to get off in Hong Kong to walk through airport and back on plane!! But nightime flight, and both our kids slept most of the way.

Guest stufi1997

Oh ok, cheers Shaun so they do get off the plane in Hong Kong....doesn't say on the tickets:err:. Infact the HK part wasn't mentioned til they were booked although I did know that there would have to be a refueling stop. They're actually flying from Aberdeen first so they'll have a few stops to stretch their legs. How long is the stop in HK roughly? can you remember? :)

I can't wait, it's been 18 months and a new addition since we saw them last:jiggy:

Cheers Fiona xx

We've just got back from the UK, flew with Cathey Pacific via HK, very good onboard service, going out was longer as we went Adelaide - Melbourne, but coming home quicker HK - Adelaide.

HK isn't like Singapore, lots of shops & seating areas, very clean, showers if you want them, no pool like Singapore though. Only 1 Burger King :sad:lol.

I have flown JAL & Singapore also, Singapore is my No1 choice.