2 Telephone Job Interview for Adelaide HospitalS

Boxertony

Great news for both my wife Jane and myself Tony. We have both got a telephone job interview next week.

I have a telephone job interview for a Mental Health/Drug & Alcohol Rehabilitation Manager post at Royal Adelaide Hospital - Glenside Campus. Which from my own research seems an amazing hospital setting. It provides a modern mental health and substance abuse treatment services on the site. This includes a 129-bed hospital costing more than $100 million, 40 supported accommodation places and 15 intermediate care beds. In addition state-of-the-art health facilities will be integrated with new public open spaces, a cultural precinct in the heritage buildings, and residential, retail and commercial areas.

I am so excited and really really want this job. Any advice which will help me gain this position will greatfully received. Interview next week at 11.30pm UK time.

Jane my wife as gained a telephone job interview for an Oncology Healthcare Assistant with the Calvary Wakefield Hospital/Calvary North Adelaide Hospital. Calvary Wakefield Hospital is a private Catholic hospital in Adelaide providing acute care with inpatient and outpatients facilities. It also provides dental care and plastic and reconstructive surgery to patients.

Now then the awkward bit, if either or both of us gain these job/s I assume we will have to emigrate a lot earlier than we had planned. We were planning to emigrate once our house is sold (if it ever does) or at the latest April 2010. Another worry is that we do not have enough saving as of yet to actually pay for our 5 flights and transfer our furniture over and we have only got $5000AUD in our NAB Account in Adelaide. But hopefully we can gain Accommodation on Arrival, which will help us.

Today sometime I am going to make some enquiries about changing my mortgage to a buy to let mortgage or interest free only mortgage just in case I have to rent my home instead.

So readers any advice about these telephone interviews, the hospitals in question, buy to let mortgages/interest only mortgage or even finding the money from somewhere so we can initally pay for our flights over and transfer of our furniture. The cost of flights and furniture is about £8000. (THATS IF WE GET THE JOB/S) !!!

Firstly good luck with the interviews!

Secondly, we were in a similar position so took a 6 month break from the mortgage which enabled us to save a lot more money. Then, when we were over here, wrote to them when the 6 months were up to ask to change to a buy to let mortgage, which they did without any problems.

As for interviews, I did a few over the phone as we were not sure where we wanted to go - Oz or NZ. They were all very different (some easy, some hard) but I would suggest thinking of any experiences you have had and learnt from involving anything that is in the job description - discipline, communication skills, how you handled a difficult situation, what skills you have, how you may have changed your units practice, research etc....

fingers crossed x

Catherine

Well done on job interviews over the phone

In the end sometimes I think you just have to bite the bullet. If you are getting inteviews then why delay comoing over - put house up for rent etc! Be easier if you doing well with potential job offers!

We did just that and wow in my 1st week got the interview and job - twice what I earned in the UK and now running my own business! Plus OH has 2nd interview as well

Sometimes you just need to go for it

Would never had this opportunity in UK

Just research the vision statements for both hospitals, just incase they ask such a question about why you wish to work with them. Otherwise just be confident in your work experience, after all cancer and drug abuse etc is pretty much the same whereever you are in the world. I agree if you get a job, then just come, you will be earning then when you get here so no eating into savings. When my family moved here my dad came first to start his job with one of my sisters and one of my brothers. I followed 6 months later with my mum who stayed behind to finish up and rent our house out.

Could be a chap called Alex Edward Brown, he sometimes does the interviews. Just tell them about yourselves and your experience. that you are aware of all the changes that are going on at Glenside at the minute. The Royal Adelaide whilst comes under CNAHS is actually a different campus. So double check that at interview so you know where you may want to base yourselves.

If you are unsuccessful with the interview which im sure you wont be, then ask them to take you on as a sponsored RN, then you can apply for any other job that comes up. There are lot of prospects and as soon as you are here, even as an RN you can reclass to a level 2 CN. Hope this helps

hello tony and family

tony is your job within drug and alcohol or mental health as they are different units completely. there is 'drug and alcohol' at the royal adelaide hospital which is called daru, but the other drug and alcohol and mental health combined facility is nowhere near starting to be built. just interested and suggest you clarify where you are working as the mental health facility at glenside campus has no dedicted drug and alcohol unit as far as i am aware

Elaine,

I have already thought about that but I still have not heard about who is conducting the interview or if its for the Drug and Alcohol or/and Mental Health, the e-mail I have already had from the job agency states that it's both but like you mentioned and from my own research they are two different departments, from my e-mail I assumed they were linked at the Glenside campus of the Royal Adelaide. I have notified the agency and hopefully they will clarify all this after this weekend.

The agency have done the same with my wife's telephone job interview they stated its with the Wakefield Hospital then they stated its with North Calvary Hospital. Just waiting for a decent reply.

Could be a chap called Alex Edward Brown, he sometimes does the interviews. Just tell them about yourselves and your experience. that you are aware of all the changes that are going on at Glenside at the minute. The Royal Adelaide whilst comes under CNAHS is actually a different campus. So double check that at interview so you know where you may want to base yourselves.

If you are unsuccessful with the interview which im sure you wont be, then ask them to take you on as a sponsored RN, then you can apply for any other job that comes up. There are lot of prospects and as soon as you are here, even as an RN you can reclass to a level 2 CN. Hope this helps

Sichop,

We have now both gained confirmation on our job interviews. I assuming there is not one specefic job on offer, they will just ask us about our skills, knowledge and experiences and hopefully link us to a suitable job they may have on offer.

Tony Smith

Glenside - as part of the Central Northern Adelaide health Service

http://www.health.sa.gov.au/cnahs/

DON - Alex Edwards-Brown

Currently moving offices, however we are hoping to lock in the date/time - Thursday 1st October (11.30pm UK time onwards - 8.00 am ADL time onwards)

Jane Smith

Calvary North Adelaide

www.calvarysa.com.au

DON - Shaune Gillespie

Currently in accreditation this week, however is hoping to confirm the date/time of - Friday 2nd October (7.30.00am UK time - 4.00 pm ADL time)

Tony who are you having the interview with? I'm working at the moment with a nurse from DASSA.

Elaine

Elaine,

We have now both gained confirmation on our job interviews. I assuming there is not one specefic job on offer, they will just ask us about our skills, knowledge and experiences and hopefully link us to a suitable job they may have on offer. Elaine I am now assuming its just the Mental Health side of the job on offere and the Drug and Aclohol side of the job may come later once Glenisde has been redeveloped.

Tony Smith

Glenside - as part of the Central Northern Adelaide health Service

http://www.health.sa.gov.au/cnahs/

DON - Alex Edwards-Brown

Currently moving offices, however we are hoping to lock in the date/time - Thursday 1st October (11.30pm UK time onwards - 8.00 am ADL time onwards)

Jane Smith

Calvary North Adelaide

www.calvarysa.com.au

DON - Shaune Gillespie

Currently in accreditation this week, however is hoping to confirm the date/time of - Friday 2nd October (7.30.00am UK time - 4.00 pm ADL time)

Guest Carolandcraig

Good luck Tony, my wife and i are in a similair position, my wife had a telephone interview last week and was lucky enough to have been offered the job (dependant on references and IELTS exam), We too need to sell the house and its a nightmare so i know where you at.

Hope everything works out for you.

• 2 weeks later...

Jane has her interview this Friday and mine has been cancelled due to the interviewer moving offices and now just waiting for confirmation of my interview as both jane and I interviews was postponed by a week. Also just had a house viewing with a guy who is after purchasing five houses in my area (cash) to rent out. He is from Wilmslow, we had a chat and agreed t0 - if he is interested in purchasing my home that we make a deal without the estate agent as he is paying by cash, thus we both save money.

I hope to find out his decision on Monday

• 1 month later...

Hi there

Good luck for the inerviews. Had a telephone interview Sept which was fine, made me feel comfortable and wanted to hear about me, my skills and my family. They asked a couple of scenario type questions and I have been offered the job, subject to visa!!!!

Just waiting.............

Again, good luck.