Guest pollensa

Visa Hell

Guest pollensa

Hi all,

:arghh:

New to this site,only joined a few days ago.Then i was happy and optimistic about our move to Adelaide.Now we all feel gutted,our lives have been turned upside down by one man who brings in new visa rules.

We have been on the process of the 475 visa for two years and had finished the last part which were the meds and police checks. Which had been uploaded and had been finalized on the website.I belive we were a couple of weeks away from getting the visa stamped.

Why would anyone bring in a new rule and back-date it.Behind evey visa are real people with dreams and hopes for the furture.They should not be treated in this appalling way.We have spent nearly seven thousand pounds on getting this far, and then are told it will take another three years and more expensive medicals to complete.By this time our kids are at a bad time to leave school,and we are over 45.

Just hoping they will see sense and complete the outstanding visa's first.

Guest nurse sue

Hi

As has been said on other websites, they are still processing applications that are in the pipeline and that anyone who will be affected by these changes will be contacted. dont panic until you have all the facts ... this recession wont last forever, the changes are just to deal with the current economic climate. If you are under the impression your visa is about to be granted then just see what the next couple of weeks brings and only panic when you are 100% of the facts.

fingers crossed theres a good news letter on the doormat soon.

x

Guest BAZnDAF

Seems there are a few people affected by this new ruling, seems unfair on those who have already had medicals and police checks requested by a case officer and had them sent off.

Really sorry for your situation :(

Barry

Guest Robarts Family

Hi,

Can I ask what is this new ruling? We have just applied online for the 475 visa and not reached as far as the medical part as yet.

Thanks

x

Guest merlino

hi nurse sue,

thanks for the encouragement. how did you find out that those affected will be notified? I can't seem to find that in the website? I seriously hope they'd be fair and let those affected by this "direction" know that the visa is affected.

for my situation, i have had meds finalised on 8 Sep, and all docs met on 23 sep. I'm on 475, non-csl

Hi

As has been said on other websites, they are still processing applications that are in the pipeline and that anyone who will be affected by these changes will be contacted. dont panic until you have all the facts ... this recession wont last forever, the changes are just to deal with the current economic climate. If you are under the impression your visa is about to be granted then just see what the next couple of weeks brings and only panic when you are 100% of the facts.

fingers crossed theres a good news letter on the doormat soon.

x

Guest Squeezle

Hi All,

We are in the same boat as many... Limbo land, we had everything in and medicals finalised on the 14/09, so were hoping to hear good news soon.

Really not sure what to think now, so have e-mailed our CO to see if she can tell us one way or another if we are affected. Will try to stay positive until we find out, as my OH is already now 45 so not sure they would even look at us in 2012!

Will post on the outcome of my e-mail to CO.

Guest pollensa

Hi,

Will keep you posted if we here anything ourselves.

Good luck .

Mark

Guest merlino

Hi,

Thanks! It's good to know that I am not alone. I am in a similar predicament as you, and I am sure there are many out there like us with applications submitted, COs allocated, medicals finalised, documents met, tickets booked, and even property sold, all in anticipation of a visa grant.

Having to wait years till after 2012 is certainly preposterous and my only hope is that common sense will prevail with the DIAC and COs.

I am sitting intently waiting for your reply from your CO.

Hi All,

We are in the same boat as many... Limbo land, we had everything in and medicals finalised on the 14/09, so were hoping to hear good news soon.

Really not sure what to think now, so have e-mailed our CO to see if she can tell us one way or another if we are affected. Will try to stay positive until we find out, as my OH is already now 45 so not sure they would even look at us in 2012!

Will post on the outcome of my e-mail to CO.

Guest Squeezle

Hi all, just had the following reply to my e-mail asking for clarification to the situation, its not really that helpful, so now I guess we wait to be told more end of Oct.

"The ASPC is developing procedures to process applications in accordance

with the new Government Direction that has been announced effective 23

September. CSL cases will be given the highest priority and that is where

the ASPC will be focussing its attention. Once the ASPC has established

processing arrangements for CSL cases, we will be in a position to provide

further advice, which, hopefully can be done by the end of October 2009".

Just to add, I have today e-mailed the Prime Minister Kevin Rudd to express my anger at the changes that have now been put into place, I said that they should give everyone their money back for their medicals, Police Checks etc that will be out of date if we are put on hold until 2012. I already know it will do me no good, but I did feel better for letting off some steam!

Pauline

Another sleepless night worrying about whats going to happen. Feel so angry as we were told to wait till our new baby arrived to do the medicals. Everything was going so well and with that we had a chance to sell our house so we took it. All our belongings is over 100 miles away in storage ready to be shipped. We finish our rental in December, so now what??? Do I find another house?? Do I recall all my belongings?? If I rent for how long?? How much more money can I spend?? I feel for every person who is in the same situation as us and I pray (and I'm not a religious person) someone in the system see's some comman sense and puts this right

Guest suttons

I guess we just wait till end of October now, hopefully that will bring some good news for all of us that have done meds, police checks etc and were just waiting for the visa to come.

Guest suttons

Really dont know what to do now, our agent advised that maybe we should go down the employer sponsored route, rather than waiting until possibly 2012, (this would entail starting from scratch, although our meds and police checks could be used) but i dont want to start that application if there is a possibility that changes will be made again in the near future to the state sponsored non csl applications, oh what to do, my head has been spinning the last few days, just so unsure as to what our next move should be.

Shona xx