Wanted down under.

Guest andylynnchriskirst

I know what you mean about re-take after re-take and trying to remember what you wore on a certain day. We all went for a swim and i made sure they didnt film me in a bikini (just hope they keep their word)!

Like you we jumped at the chance of visiting any city in Oz and were given Darwin which was beautiful but dont think i could cope with humid, hot wet summer but the place was beatifuly and people great.

We were really undecided about Brisbane or Adelaide and after visiting both am really please we decided on Adelaide.

We are now at the waiting stage as just put house on the market so hoping for some luck.

Hope you keep intouch and let us know how you get on as like you we are hoping we will be over there to spend Christmas on the beach.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JoTanCalOwen
I know what you mean about re-take after re-take and trying to remember what you wore on a certain day. We all went for a swim and i made sure they didnt film me in a bikini (just hope they keep their word)!

Like you we jumped at the chance of visiting any city in Oz and were given Darwin which was beautiful but dont think i could cope with humid, hot wet summer but the place was beatifuly and people great.

We were really undecided about Brisbane or Adelaide and after visiting both am really please we decided on Adelaide.

We are now at the waiting stage as just put house on the market so hoping for some luck.

Hope you keep intouch and let us know how you get on as like you we are hoping we will be over there to spend Christmas on the beach.

LOL, wouldn't have even got me in a swinsuit let alone a bikini !!! (tv did make me look bigger than I really am), my sister whom I do not see often had the cheek to pass comment comparing me to her ggggrrrrrrrrrrr:mad:

What series were you filmed for? please let me know when it is on, I have been watching them, so many names and people, ..... I really cannot wait to make our transition, I am not expecting it to be easy but to be worthwhile doing, oh yes :cute:

take care

We were filmed in July in Darwin and are on next wed (episode 13!!), Martin and Andrea from Leeds. We are lucky and since the show have our visa in place but it took 2 years.

You will see my sons on the show and they wont be coming with us just yet as now have to apply for their visa in their own right, you will also see my gorgeous grand daughter whom it will kill me to leave behind (i noticed you feel the same about your niece).

My work are giving me some stick about the show and keep threatening to put it on at work but knowing my late father will be on the show i know they wont really do it. I havnt even told them ive applied for a visa let alone i have the visa and leaving soon!!

I like you are really positive about the move and really cant wait although ive had a few sleepless nights and sure there are more to come.

Guest JoTanCalOwen
We were filmed in July in Darwin and are on next wed (episode 13!!), Martin and Andrea from Leeds. We are lucky and since the show have our visa in place but it took 2 years.

You will see my sons on the show and they wont be coming with us just yet as now have to apply for their visa in their own right, you will also see my gorgeous grand daughter whom it will kill me to leave behind (i noticed you feel the same about your niece).

My work are giving me some stick about the show and keep threatening to put it on at work but knowing my late father will be on the show i know they wont really do it. I havnt even told them ive applied for a visa let alone i have the visa and leaving soon!!

I like you are really positive about the move and really cant wait although ive had a few sleepless nights and sure there are more to come.

Hi Andi,

I think we should meet before you go, to me that would be great, I will definitely be watching your show and will download and keep it, that can be done in bbc iplayer... LOL then I can taunt you (nicely) Take your fathers presence as a keepsake memory, I rang them and asked if my father in law was in the programme, so I was prepared to see him the tears still flowed....

I have taken into consideration the fact that my 14 year old may well be 17 / 18 by the time the visa has been granted, .... not an aspect I am looking forward to dealing with :nah:

I have even competed at Karate tournaments in Leeds, PM me if you think to meet would be something you would like to do, ..

Look forward to hearing from you

Take care

Tanya x

I also rang and asked them if my dad would be on the show so am prepared, i will also download yours and my program.

At least you will have the visa for your son so if he decides not to come straight away it is always there for him.

I will be making sure i have completed my sons TRA before i leave, he isnt getting away with it that easily.

I would love to meet up soon, I worked in Liverpool for a while although it was over 10 years ago.

I have however heard there is a jobs expo in Manchester in March if you had any plans to go we could meet up there (its about in the middle).

Guest JoTanCalOwen
I also rang and asked them if my dad would be on the show so am prepared, i will also download yours and my program.

At least you will have the visa for your son so if he decides not to come straight away it is always there for him.

I will be making sure i have completed my sons TRA before i leave, he isnt getting away with it that easily.

I would love to meet up soon, I worked in Liverpool for a while although it was over 10 years ago.

I have however heard there is a jobs expo in Manchester in March if you had any plans to go we could meet up there (its about in the middle).

hello again .. its meeee

I am glad you are prepared for your dads special guest appearance, x

I have just googled the expo and it is over a weekend, so I can GO !! That would be great, so far so good we seem to be of similar mind set, :jiggy:brought my lap top to work to do some 'editing' of my own, and the bbc iplayer download only lasts a week :huh: sooo just as well I have my own copy already lol

We will talk properly about expo tickets etc, it will be great

Tanya

Guest cliveost

Hi if you have any details for the job expo in manchester could you put them on here or PM me with them as my OH and myself would be interested in going to have a look.

Thanks, Clive

Guest LEE & DONNA
Great idea for all the 2010 newbies to Adelaide to meet for a drink (and barbie?!!!).. will have to arrange something when we all make it over there :)

Hazel

That sounds good, we will be up for that.....

right im off to look on real estate to see what houses we cant afford:jiggy:

Great idea for all the 2010 newbies to Adelaide to meet for a drink (and barbie?!!!).. will have to arrange something when we all make it over there :)

Hazel

We would be up for that! Booking flights next week to leave UK end of the year! :shocked:

Guest JoTanCalOwen

Hey all

Hubby is off work over expo weekend in March, looks like we could be having an early newbies meeting but in Manchester :chatterbox: so many peeps so many ideas hints and tips... cant be bad ... see what goes..

That sounds good, we will be up for that.....

right im off to look on real estate to see what houses we cant afford:jiggy:

LOL - Im always on realestate.com.au!!!

Wow Drumms... booking flights = very exciting, will be great when we get to that stage!

Might look into the expo and see if we can make that too - Im sure it will be useful :idea:

Guest JoTanCalOwen
Yahoo, just had a phone call from the bbc show Wanted down under congratulating us on going to Adelaide for the next series. We are so excited and cant wait.

We only applied about 5 weeks ago on their website, we had a phone call 4 weeks ago asking us questions, told there was about 1200 aplicants so dont hold your breath, got another phone call a week later asking us if they can film us at home asking us the same questions but in front of camera .told we had a 1 in 4 chance. And a final call today saying we got it, wow, its all happened so quick.

Have any other families been on the show?.

Helo there,

What series were you filmed for and have you got a screening date yet?

Regards

Tanya

Guest nurse sue
Hello hazel and family,

thank you for your post, and your observations of 'my boys' (Shh don't tell them but I amproud of them), we had fun making it we did have a few go back and do it again just like real movies :biglaugh: ... Hopefully if we are there vbefore Christmas we will have to get all 2010 newbies together for a drink of some sort ....

yes as you know we too are waiting ... wainting ... waiting ... :SLEEP:

hi tanya,

just watched your episode this afternoon - we all had lumps in our throats at your messages :sad:

I agree with hazel - your two boys were wonderful ... you must be very proud of them.

are you arranging a meet up at the manchester expo? im hoping to go and it would be nice to meet up with other potential migrants! i need to get my cv to potential employers (I need the job offer for the extra points!) so hoping to get over there without the kids. let me know if a meet up is arranged?

sue x

Guest JoTanCalOwen
hi tanya,

just watched your episode this afternoon - we all had lumps in our throats at your messages :sad:

I agree with hazel - your two boys were wonderful ... you must be very proud of them.

are you arranging a meet up at the manchester expo? im hoping to go and it would be nice to meet up with other potential migrants! i need to get my cv to potential employers (I need the job offer for the extra points!) so hoping to get over there without the kids. let me know if a meet up is arranged?

sue x

Hi Sue,

Thank you for for your nice coments, and yes I am very proud of the boys, but don't tell them they will get big heads ;), we are arranging to go to the Expo on the Saturday, so far I only know of myself and Andi going and yes it would be great to meet up with other potential migrants, I think a chat about any worries, and positives will be good for us all, also someone will have the information that another wants (even tho the experts will be there) theres nothing like good old layman's terms.

Hope you can make it,

See you soon

Tanya

Hi Tanya,

Watched your episode on Friday night ... I was holding back the tears, it was the most emotional episode we'd watched. I too have a close sister who we would have to leave and my Mother & Father-in-Law are very close to us so I could understand how you got so upset. Your two boys are so lovely and it was so sweet when Owen put his arm around Callum when he was upset. We are moving (hopefully) for the same reasons as you as we love the outdoors and with two boys (10 & 12) we feel there is so much for them in Oz. Hope your move goes well and we wish you all the best for your future in Oz.

Best wishes,

Jane

p.s. Good game on Saturday - we are all Stoke City season ticket holders but Aiden (10 years) is also a Liverpool fan and wore his Torres shirt under his coat) - his smile was so big when Liverpool scored and then we all jumped on him when Stoke equalised.

Guest JoTanCalOwen
Hi Tanya,

Watched your episode on Friday night ... I was holding back the tears, it was the most emotional episode we'd watched. I too have a close sister who we would have to leave and my Mother & Father-in-Law are very close to us so I could understand how you got so upset. Your two boys are so lovely and it was so sweet when Owen put his arm around Callum when he was upset. We are moving (hopefully) for the same reasons as you as we love the outdoors and with two boys (10 & 12) we feel there is so much for them in Oz. Hope your move goes well and we wish you all the best for your future in Oz.

Best wishes,

Jane

p.s. Good game on Saturday - we are all Stoke City season ticket holders but Aiden (10 years) is also a Liverpool fan and wore his Torres shirt under his coat) - his smile was so big when Liverpool scored and then we all jumped on him when Stoke equalised.

Hello Jane,

Thank you. Sounds as if your family is in for the same, happy upset that we are, but still your four walls is what has to come first, best wishes with all the processing that has to be done for a better life,

As for football well, I am not a fan it the 'three boys' are, then Liverpool even went and lost ......

Never mind

Good luck with everything, if you able to make the expo in Manchester on the Saturday (which is when we are going), not sure about the job info they're offering, it will not suit everyone, but the migration stands will have further information to help with going over,

Take care

Tanya, John Callum and Owen

Cant believe that adelaide has not been shown yet. This series is only 20 episodes. Is yours a new series that has been filmed and when will it be shown

its soooooo bloody annoying keep looking 4ward 2 it an it just doesnt happen:arghh:

hopefully next wk;)