JoeyD

BBC I-Player

Does anyone know how I can get BBC I-Player on a Mac. I've tried to use the UK Telly link but it's only for microsoft users.

Thanks

Does anyone know how I can get BBC I-Player on a Mac. I've tried to use the UK Telly link but it's only for microsoft users.

Thanks

Is your problem getting the UK IP address? In which case see below.

Sounds like VPN would be your solution. It's A bit more expensive than the Hide IP web site though. Take a look at these:

http://www.watchuktv.co.uk/order/

http://www.vpnuk.info/

Or are you saying that you can't get BBC Iplayer for Mac?

I can't get the I-Player because all of the sites I've tried to use so far require you to have windows and none of them have been compatible with a mac

I can't get the I-Player because all of the sites I've tried to use so far require you to have windows and none of them have been compatible with a mac

If you have to install software to watch programs, then yes, that will be a problem unless the software required comes in a Mac version.

You can access www.uknova.com from any web browser. I have just logged in using the Safari browser on a Mac, and that works fine to download the torrent, but you also need a torrent client. I have found one at www.utorrent.com/downloads/mac . I won't install it, because my only Mac is at work, but the steps would be:

- Download the torrent program from www.utorrent.com/downloads/mac, and install it.

- Go to www.uknova.com and download the torrent for your program of choice.

- Double-click the downloaded torrent on your Mac, and it should open the utorrent program (or if it doesn't, start utorrent and open the torrent file with it).

- When utorrent has downloaded your program, you should be able to double-click it to watch it, assuming your Mac has a program installed that will play the downloaded video file (can't remember whether it is avi, mpeg4 or what). I would imagine that Quicktime on your Mac should play these. If not, post again and I will see what there is available for Mac that will do so.

Good luck!