Guest bentkitty

Where to buy daily contact lenses?

Guest bentkitty

Hi all

Husband and I just arrived from London - 4 days ago. All going fine re: settling except the shock I got yesterday when I went to buy some contacts from Specsavers in Westfield Marion - way too dear at $250 for a 3 month supply. Anyone have any recommendations on cheap contact lenses? (I use focus dailies if that makes any difference, all optometrists seem to stock them)

Tx in advance!

Guest james tiberius

Hi

I will be working for an optical group in Feb, pm me if you are still looking for deal on your lenses

JT

Guest sarahsmartiepants

Try no gap eye care .com. I have lost the link but think it is www.nogapeyecare.com ,

There are various ones on line with that one they ask you to email them your script before hand where as the others are happy to take whatyou say.

My son pays around $80 per 3 months, then gets $50 back from medibank private, that is not to be confused with medicare

Guest Lisajonesey

Hi!

Try: http://www.opsmdirect.com.au/contact-lenses.html

$67.50 for 90 lenses for Focus - I imagine you'll need a box per eye = $135 = 67 british pounds, which sounds about right for 3 months supply.

I stopped buying mine from the opticians a while ago - but I don't think they ship to Australia. I'll be giving this site a go once I run out!

How are you finding adelaide?? we also moved from London - and enjoying the slower pace!

Lisa

Not that I need them any more after my surgery, but absolutely the cheapest and best place to get lenses here is netoptical - http://www.netoptical.com.au - I did a huge amount of research into different places to buy from and this worked out by far the cheapest, quick efficient service (used to get lenses within just a few days of ordering), and now I buy my son's lenses from them. The guy there is Graham.

It's good practice to get your eyes checked regularly though, I get mine done annually - got them done I should say as now they're purrrrrfect! The opticians however couldn't come close to matching the netoptical price - I think they quoted something like $135 for three months supply for my son, I got them online for about $70! Huge difference!

PS - I now have loads of pairs of 1 Day Acuvue Moist lenses - -6.00 and -4.00 that I don't need any more if they're any use to anyone!!

PPS - $62 for 90 days of Focus Dailies - just checked!