Can we change from 176 to Regional Employer Sponsor Visa?

Guest Clarkeys

Guest Clarkeys

We are like many of you, affected by the announcement on 23rd, we had not had requests for medicals yet but have just sold house so in right dilemma. However have looked into the Employer Regional Sponsored Visa, i forget what its officially called (191?) and have a employer who seems quite interested in sponsoring my hubby, but not getting excited cos nothing firm as yet.. My questions are does anyone know what fees are payable to DIAC?? I read somewhere that can change free but cannot remember if was this visa or temporary employer one?? Also is it quite straightforward as obviously everything else is submitted except medicals and police checks.?? Any help would be appreciated, as have buyer for house, no chain, 4 kids and new baby dues in 3 weeks!! So at moment big decisions to be made,

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY ONE WHO CAN EXPLAIN HOW THIS VISA WORKS

X:arghh:

Hey lucky you finding an employer to sponsor so quickly, we are working on that one at the moment. Asnwering your question, when i spoke to our agent, she said that as we had already paid for a 176 visa we should be able to transfer the fee.

Good luck x

Guest Clarkeys
Hey lucky you finding an employer to sponsor so quickly, we are working on that one at the moment. Asnwering your question, when i spoke to our agent, she said that as we had already paid for a 176 visa we should be able to transfer the fee.

Good luck x

Hi Suttons,

Its early days at mo, employer said is interested but wanted more info on how visa worked etc. So will let you know if any luck. Knowing ours it will all go down the swanny again!! Just had e mail from agent and would have to pay her approx $3900! Even more money but as hubbie said it would be a secure job for 2 years so i shouldnt moan, keeping fingers crossed. If not the future looks pretty bleak, holding back signing the paperwork for solicitors selling our house but will have to make a decision soon cos dont want to mess buyers around but if went to 2011 + before they looked at 176 we would be stuffed cos 18 year old wouldnt be able to be included and 2nd eldest is 17 in March, would all be too late for us. Really dont want to lose house to be stuck in the UK! So lets hope that they get this new revised list done to replace CSL & MODL and hopefully the jobs we all need to be on it are and things get moving!!

Such a pain in the butt hey!!

If you have an employer sponsored permanent residency visa pathway - I would go for it. You get your visa and employment in Australia - many would bite your hand off if you offered them that!

See also the fee free Visa Application Charge provisions:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skilled-workers/ens/fee-free-visa-apps.htm

Best regards.

Guest Clarkeys

Thanks for that Alan, we are keeping fingers crossed. Our agents are Go Matilda and have been great. Waiting to hear if the prospective employer is interested as agent has explained the different options so hopefully will have reply by morning.

"So lets hope that they get this new revised list done to replace CSL & MODL and hopefully the jobs we all need to be on it are and things get moving!! "

What new list ??

"If you have an employer sponsored permanent residency visa pathway - I would go for it. You get your visa and employment in Australia - many would bite your hand off if you offered them that!"

Alan, would you be saying that changes are not going to happen soon for the non CSL 176 state sponsorship applications; so dont bother waiting to see when or what they are and to go for the employer sponsored option now.

Shona x

Guest Clarkeys

The opportunity is not looking likely re the sponsorship as have not heard from them and neither has the agent. So back to plan B, think will carry on with sale of house and hoping something will change in October or January as surely with the states not very happy about the ministers decisions he will change something!! If not hopefully by Summer they should be looking at SS Non CSL surely??!!