Guest kelv&haley

i.d for westpac bank

Guest kelv&haley

hi all,

we have opened a westpac bank prior to leaving the uk ready to xfer our funds over for when we get there,to be able to withdraw our money in oz we have to prove our i.d,on their website it states passport(no probs) but also permanent oz address....when we get there we are staying at a caravan park whilst we look for a rental,we will need access to our money for bond and buying a car etc obviusly before we have a permanent address,im hoping someone else has experienced this and can let me know a way around this problem,thanks haley

Hi, I am pretty sure that you just need your passport when you first arrive, you have approx 6 weeks grace as a new immigrant to use your passport only as ID for everything. We only had our temp address written down on a bit of paper and they didn't seem to want anything else.

Good Luck

Hi there,

We activated our account on Monday and all we were asked for was our passports. We had to give a contact address and phone number but we just gave him our temproary rental address and a mobile number.

We saw a guy called Ryan at the Central Market branch. He couldn't have been nicer and really gave us alot of info on Adelaide and surrounding areas. It does take around 1hr to activate the account and best to make an appointment to save waiting around, especially if you have children in tow.

Guest soggy
    Hi there,

We activated our account on Monday and all we were asked for was our passports. We had to give a contact address and phone number but we just gave him our temproary rental address and a mobile number.

We saw a guy called Ryan at the Central Market branch. He couldn't have been nicer and really gave us alot of info on Adelaide and surrounding areas. It does take around 1hr to activate the account and best to make an appointment to save waiting around, especially if you have children in tow.

If you go to the central market branch they are all used to migrants and will be able to help you, Ryan is good, he named my wife.:)

Simon

Guest soggy
    Ryan is good, but don't go and see him when you have just got off the flight like we did. He can be a bit full on!!!

lucky you did not meet the manager, Symone, very helpful but very hyperactive, never stops running round:jiggy:.

Simon