Guest Amelia P

Birds Eye Potato Waffles

Guest Amelia P

Ive heard you can't get Birdseye Potato Waffles in australia! :arghh: my grandad says you cant get jelly babies in many places apart from UK, and I love them! Does anybody know if you can get them over there!?

amelia xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxs

Guest Amelia P

hopefully :cute: Ill need to find a recipe to make them myself!

Guest SA Great

Actually Aussies are not that big on frozen food. It's all about being fresh. Head to the central market, grab some beaut steaks from the butcher, fresh vegies and you'll forget about the waffles in no time.

Guest Philip

When my parents first came to visit they brought a bottle of HP sauce. When my mum went to put it in the cupboard there was already a bottle in there - you can get it from my local supermarket!

When my parents first came to visit they brought a bottle of HP sauce. When my mum went to put it in the cupboard there was already a bottle in there - you can get it from my local supermarket!

And Branston pickle....and Hellmans Mayonnaise!

Guest Lisado

To be honest

I cant understand why people want to com eto Australia and then buy load of English food!

I have seen Cadbury's chocolate piled high on shelves and with nicer centres than back hom e(Macademia nut etc) you can get anything

Same fruit and veg and more, same meat and more, sauces, mayo, sweets galore, etc. THe English shelves ar elike the polish part in UK and its pants - mushy peas andpiccalilly

The food on offer is amazing and huge variety - not thought about english food once!

Guest Fancy a Beer

You can get Waffles here I seem them in the supermarket! And Jelly Babies! And a load of other stuff you may miss from the UK, you might find it is important to you now before you move over but once you been here a while the need for English food dwindles somewhat and is replaced by good old Aussie Favourites!!

Guest guest3462

Hey,

You can get almost anything in the bigger supermarkets. The only thing that i've never managed to get without it beig send from UK is prawn cocktail crisps as they are not allowed to be made in Australia due to an illegal additive. Everything else is there, some of it hidden ,and very expensive, but there just the same.

Having said that, the wide variety of chioce here for both fresh and convenience foods are much better than in the UK so i'm sure that you'll find something that tickles your fancy in no time!!!

By the way, Haribo exports to Oz, so your jelly babies will be here whenever you need them xxx

Guest rich

I found some Jelly Babies in Hahndorf. They weren't wandering around loose, but they were in a sweet shop, which is apt really.