Guest squeaky

Buying a house and pensions

Guest squeaky

We're over on a work visa until 2013 but will be chasing permanent residency. Our visa is a 422. When can we buy a house and start applying for a permanent visa? Also how do you go about setting up a pension over here and is it worthwhile transfering my NHS pension over here. Does anybody know, or suggest someone to contact.

Thanks guys for any responses

Andy

Guest soggy
    We're over on a work visa until 2013 but will be chasing permanent residency. Our visa is a 422. When can we buy a house and start applying for a permanent visa? Also how do you go about setting up a pension over here and is it worthwhile transfering my NHS pension over here. Does anybody know, or suggest someone to contact.

Thanks guys for any responses

Andy

Hi,

there are a couple of finance/pension profesionals on the site who i'm sure will give you some advice, in my un expert opinion, even if you can tranfer your pension I would be very wary about tranfering an NHS pension before you had a permanent visa and are pretty certain your here for good.:):)

Simon

Hi Andy

As Simon says with regards to your NHS Pension, it should generally be something you look in to when you feel that it is your intention to remain in Australia for good.

There are some great advatages to having UK Pension monies transferred to Australia but there are lots of factors that need to be given consideration.

I would be more than happy to discuss all of the areas you have mentioned.

Feel free to email or PM me to arrange a chat.

Regards

Andy