Guest Jenny123

Subclass 461 visa

Guest Jenny123

My husband is a 46 year old kiwi and because of that he can live and work in Australia permanently, the downside to this is that we can never actually have the title "Permanent Resident" because of his age . My son and I will be on the subclass 461 visa. (I don't have any skill to obtain PR)

We are in the midst of selling our house and moving to Adelaide. Having read a lot of the posts on this forum, I am a bit concerned that it is going to be harder to find a job without the "PR" title, is this so? And am I right in reading that without "PR" we cannot buy a house (all supposing we find work). I hope someone out there can clear this up for us. Thanks xx

My husband is a 46 year old kiwi and because of that he can live and work in Australia permanently, the downside to this is that we can never actually have the title "Permanent Resident" because of his age . My son and I will be on the subclass 461 visa. (I don't have any skill to obtain PR)

We are in the midst of selling our house and moving to Adelaide. Having read a lot of the posts on this forum, I am a bit concerned that it is going to be harder to find a job without the "PR" title, is this so? And am I right in reading that without "PR" we cannot buy a house (all supposing we find work). I hope someone out there can clear this up for us. Thanks xx

Hi Jenny

Your husband wouldnt really need PR as the only things he cant get as a kiwi are certain social benefits. He can get a medicare card and wouldnt be at a disadvantage job-wise. Not sure if you can get medicare though - you may need to get private health cover. You can buy a house - not a problem. We are in a similar position but we moved back to NZ a few years ago and I am going for citizenship in January which will make it easier. We will move to Adelaide once this is through. Can't your son get NZ citizenship? We did look at the 461 too. Good luck with everything, let us know how you get on.

regards

Mariane and Cliff

Guest Jenny123

Thanks for that info - its made me sigh a relief. I'm sure everything will fall into place when we get there - its just the not knowing. Good luck with your plans too.