Sign in to follow this  
Guest stewmac

Care Staff help needed

Guest stewmac

Hi

My wife is working in Melbourne at the moment but we are looking to move to SA in early 2008 , my wife has an NVQ Level 2 in care with about 6 years experience,she works as a disability support worker for an agency at the moment does anyone know if the SA companies recognise NVQs ? I know in WA they do but in Vic its not really seen as a recognised qual...any help much appreciated

thanks

Stew

Guest Steve n Emma

hi my husband and myself would like to know the same as ,we are currently still in the uk and have just started the visa process. i have a nvq2 in health and social care and have been working in care with children and vulnerable adults for many years, but this does not seen to be recognised as a skill for emigrating to adelaide?????????? we would be very gratefull of any info if you get any. emma steve and kerrie-anne

Guest stephb
    hi my husband and myself would like to know the same as ,we are currently still in the uk and have just started the visa process. i have a nvq2 in health and social care and have been working in care with children and vulnerable adults for many years, but this does not seen to be recognised as a skill for emigrating to adelaide?????????? we would be very gratefull of any info if you get any. emma steve and kerrie-anne

hiya all,

i am not sure how it works with nvqs, but your job sounds like it would fall into the welfare worker category to me which is needed in SA. but to get points for that i think they ask for a degree (?)

steph