RJECSAUNDERS

Swimming Lessons - Hallett Cove area

Hi, going to take the children to the aquatics centre today to have a look, but wanted to sort out swimming lessons. From previous posts it seems that the State Swim programme is the best, and I have found one at Seaford. Just wondered if anyone new of one any closer?

Thanks

Julie

Guest Dave & Carole

WE are in Hallett Cove & have just enrolled our 2 at Dolphin Swim Centre in Happy Valley. Not sure about closer - probably about the same distance - took 10/15 mins to get there. I would def recommend them as they were really helpful & freindly. Put our 3 year old straight into a class to begin next week, and took our 5 year old back later the same day to 'assess' her & then pot her in appropriate class. Seem very clued up on individual needs. Bit more expensive than in UK but not much. I emailed them from their website and they got back to me next day - they said to pop down & have a look.

Hope that helps

Guest Nat

There is an excellent state swim at Morphett Road (in between seacliff and Marion) which is about 15 mins drive from Hallett Cove. Pretty sure that's the nearest state swim to Hallett Cove.

Guest lippy

There is a state swim in Reynella. just up from Junk food corner on the same side as westpac bank. Small, but friendly pool, we go on a Saturday morning.

Guest Trakki

ours go to the blue dolphin at happy valley and they are fab. Oldest 2 did te hol programme, at the beginning of the week neither could swim, by the end of the week they could both swim unaided. My 3 year old starts next week.

Guest oli

Perhaps if the children are complete beginners some lessons in a pool make sense, but I wouldn't bother with that too long. Take them to the local surf life saving club and learn there. :)

Alternatively, throw them off the end of a jetty. They'll learn quickly.*

*That's a joke, my Nana likes to tell everyone that's how she learnt though :D

[

Alternatively, throw them off the end of a jetty. They'll learn quickly.*

Believe me, considering they have been off school since breaking up at the end of July in the UK... at times that could seem really tempting!!!:biglaugh: