Guest Rachel & Jeff

Emigration shows

Guest Rachel & Jeff

Hi

Has anyone ever been to an emigration show?

If so did you find out any useful information and would you recommend it or was it a waste of time and money.

Rachel

Guest Tina

Hi rachel,

hope you are well?

we went to a show back in October in chester before we started on this long long waiting game, we found it to be very useful and we spoke to a lot of people who was eager to offer advice on all aspects of the process. we came back with lots of leaflets we to a couple of seminars etc so overal we found it to be good.

closer to our leaving date when we get one we are thinking of going to a employment seminar to see if this is useful, i think there is one in manchester in october.

Guest Dean

My wife and I are going to the show in Manchester. I think it runs on the 27th Oct..

It's only cheap, so probably worth a look...

Dean

We went to a Four Corners Emmigration Show...first half was really informative...! The second was more a sales pitch! They were really nice though..!

Dan and Steph

Guest motlyman

Hi Rachel

We went to the emigrate now show and it was a great help.

My advice would be to write all your questions down as you think of them as its easy to forget when your there.

Also book up in advance for the lectures as they get booked up.

We found them very informative.

Colin

Guest JPT07

Hi, We went to one in Australia House, London back in March. The only thing we found was that as we had already started the process most of what was being talked about was what we already new. There were speakers from HIFX, shippers and agents. We had a great day out though!

Paul&Lorna. :)

Guest The Blaze's

Hi,

We went to one in Manchester towards the end of last year, it was a tenner to get in, but we found it very useful as we gained a lot of contacts through it. We are hoping to move out next year.

Phil, Alison and Kids

Do you mean the Expo's? If so Ashley went to 2, the first was in London & in the early stages was very useful really, the 2nd in Manchester but at that stage we had passed the TRA it was more to get a feel for the employers & job offers, unfortunately there was not much happening for his trade.

But if you have never been worth going along, you do get a lot of paperwork & the SA government tend to have a pitch to.

Good luck

Angela

Guest Richard & Amanda

Hiya,

I have been buying "A place in the sun magazine" in this months issue they have an offer

2 tickets for £10 for the emmigration show at NEC in September.

We are thinking of getting the tickets to try and make some useful contacts.

Guest chillyanna

here are some dates i found for the " a place in the sun" exhibition

Autumn 2007 Show Opening Times

Birmingham NEC

Friday 28 September 2007 10.00 - 18.00Saturday 29 September 200710.00 - 18.00Sunday 30 September 200710.00 - 17.30

2008 Calendar dates

Manchester Central (formerly GMEX)

29th February – 2nd March 2008

ExCeL London

25th – 27th April 2008

Birmingham NEC

26th – 28th September 2008

Earls Court London

3rd – 5th October 2008

Guest theshearers

We went to Emigrate 2004 at Sandown Park and found it really useful. We hadn't started the process then so got loads and loads of helpful info. There were people from the Emmigration Agencies, banks, various state governments, nursing agencies, house builders,removals & shipping companies and loads of other things.

If you are just starting the process or just at the "thinking about it" stage then they can be a really great source of information.

They can be a great day out sometimes so it might be worth a nosey if you've got a few hours to spare!!!

Vicki

Guest Rachel & Jeff

Thanks to everyone who has replied.:)

I think we will definately make an effort to get to one. I started this thread because I noticed one in Coventry on 6/7 October but I'll have a look at the one at the NEC as it is closer to home.

We are currently in that waiting stage and will actually have done a reccie by then (10 days to go) but maybe we can find out more about specific things that are relevant to us.

Rachel

Guest Diane

Hi Rachel

One of my friends here in Adelaide runs a relocation assistance company that will have a stand at both the Coventry and York shows. She may well be able to get you a free ticket! Drop her a line on info@h2h.com.au - she's really lovely and you won't be obligated to buy anything!

Even if you don't get in touch with her beforehand, if you want to chat with someone who lives in Adelaide, and has 'been there, done that, bought the t-shirt' on the emigration front, drop by and say hi to her on her stand!

Have fun

Diane

Guest Geordie Boy

Hi folks,

As a very enthusiastic "newbie" can you advise where I can find out about these exhibitions , especially those with potential employers' exhibits - they sound like the sort of thing I need just now

Trevor

Guest chillyanna

hi geordie boy, trevor

this might sound like a simple answer but what info i found was jusy by typing emigration shows into a google search. i did not find all but it got me on the right path.

hope this helps you some