Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kelly O

telephone line question

Guest Kelly O

Hi

We are just setting up a landline with Telstra and wondered if anyone could confirm that you can use international calling cards on a home phone line- just didn't want to run up a huge bill to the UK- do you use it just like at a phone box which worked out $10 for 300 minutes, just pay for the cost of a local call on your phone to connect? I was told yes by Telstra but wanted to know for sure by people that might have already done this?

Thank you.

Kelly

Guest kellyp

Hi Kelly

We get a Daybreak Calling Card (from the local servo), you are given a local number to ring and then asked to put in a code. You then just dial the UK number you want to connect to. Its really easy. A $10 calling card lasts us quite a while and the instructions are printed on the card. There are lots of others which are similar, we just bought this one first and have had no problems with it.

Its all done via our Telstra land line.

Kelly

Guest Trakki

Yes you can, we use Aussie Phonecard, the best one we have found.

Guest ben&sharon
    Yes you can, we use Aussie Phonecard, the best one we have found.

Good shout - that's even cheaper than the one we've been using. I'll be swapping when ours runs out.

Guest SA Great

We use Easy Chat. 1.5c per minute to the uk with NO connection or disconnection fee. Really good.

Guest Trakki
    Good shout - that's even cheaper than the one we've been using. I'll be swapping when ours runs out.

Best one we've found, I paid for a $20one and it has lasted about 6 months.

Guest Sharon and Paul

Hi Kelly, We use the Aussie phone card ,I payed $30 and get $39 in credit (on promotion) It last ages I think you can phone the uk ,and get about 1400 mins enough for my mys to get a couple of calls in. :) the down side is you have to enter a number then the card number the all the codes plus line number , like I said my other half knows them of by heart . very good otherwise ATBPaul.