candylis

what do the other yr 10's think about PLP

hi cause they introduced with new sace we have to do PLP what does veryone else think about it. In our class we just sit there for an hour an half and do nothing. Does everyone do the 20 minute roundtable assment.:mad:

i as a parent of a yr 10 I think the theory behind it is good, but in practise you don't need a whole two terms and some of the written stuff they want is a load of rubbish. I think the whole subject could be done as a series of workshops.

Personal Learning Plan : the kids are to reflect on their learning styles, examine their strengths and weaknesses, come up with solutions for this and examine subject choices based on all of this. They also get together examples of their competency in numeracy, literature etc. It is the new compulsory subject in which they have to achieve a C grade or better to get their SACE certificate at the end of yr 12. Most schools are putting it into place in yr 10 to get it out the way as it is actually a SACE stage 1 subject, but there are a few schools doing it in Yr 11 as part of SACE studies stage 1.

plp in must schools is where we do work experiance they make us do an oral choose a job make us do another oral write a resume then to top it all of a 20 min oral at end in wk 8 or 9

Guest thekings

Sounds a bit heavy to me for earlier years but agree could be quite useful in later years. Thanks for explaining it to me though. In England work experience comes in year 10 but without the oral and resume bits. Good luck with yours Candylis

Guest thekings
    thanku thekings dreadin the 20 min thing so hope i pass

The thought of doing a talk is the worst bit!!! actually doing it can be quite fun, I once managed to waffle on for 40 minutes once during a 20 minute presentation and I still hadn't finished what I was saying :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Are you allowed to use power point???? If so its an excellent way to get everyone looking at that and not you, and also keeps you on track about what you are talking about.

Good luck with yours

My daughter is in year 10 and thinks the whole thing is pointless. Having done the work ages ago they now sit and surf the internet..