Opticians and dentists - any recommendations?

jo_marnes

Hi all,

It's about time we all went to the dentist :sad:

We have Mutual Community extras cover, but am concerned we will still get ripped off - have heard that this happens a lot. Can anyone recommend a good dentist? We are in Brighton but willing to travel a reasonable distance. Would prefer to head South rather than North though. Can anyone tell me what to expect to pay for a check up also?

I also need my eyes testing again. Heard something about someone getting them tested for free - anyone know anything about that? If not, can anyone tell me how much to expect to pay for an examination? Obviously new glasses etc depends on what you choose, but don't want to shell out $$$'s.

Thanks!

Jo xxx

Guest norah battie

Hi there

I was recommended to the dentist in Marion shopping centre...through the chemist near Kmart....Dr Steven....really good and high tech....kids $29 check up...xray $40 and we have no extras cover

Guest Brummie

Most opticians you can get your eyes tested for free, you are covered by medicare for that. Then you just pay for your glasses. You are allowed to take your prescription with you, so have time to look around for glasses.

• 3 months later...
Guest Nichole Optician

It is important to have regular eye checkups. Everyone needs to have an eye test to early diagnose possible eye problems which can affect learning and development.

If you have a prescription in your hand and are looking for a larger choice of discount prescription eyeglasses, than what can be found in your city, you need to go onto the Internet and look at the few good online shops and places where you can get cheap eyeglasses.

Thanks for sharing...