Aquacatrina

Which primary is best - Christies Beach or Port Noarlunga?

Just wondering if any of you have kids in either Christies Beach Primary or Port Noarlunga Primary (& Aquatic Centre) and can let me know what's good or bad about them. I'm visiting them both next week. My 4 year old son's at Christies North kindy at the moment (which is great) but is due to transition to primary in April then start school in July.

Thanks

Guest seekingsunshine

hi catrin!

obviously dont know much about either school- just thought i'd bump this up for you!

also have you considered noarlunga downs primary and noarlunga primary?

port noarlunga looks lovely i think...if you can go by the website lol! great that they have activities at the beach! :)

hope nate is enjoying kindy and you're enjoying exploring!

Hels x

Guest bishop3912

Hi Catrin not sure if this response will help you much as it is pure hear say but we are staying in Christies Beach at the moment in holiday accommodation and have ozzie local neighbours who have lived here for years (built their own place). They have a 3 year old little girl who they send to school out of the area, they told us not to send our kids to Chrisites Beach as it wasnt a very good school, so personally I would opt for the other option. Obviously as I stated this is pure hear say so keep an open mind and make a decision based on what you find when you visit the school, we are still looking for a permanent rental but that is what we are going to do as and when we get one and put the kids into school (only into our 3rd week here). Good luck and hope you get more responses. Regards Corinne x

Guest hopefull
    Just wondering if any of you have kids in either Christies Beach Primary or Port Noarlunga Primary (& Aquatic Centre) and can let me know what's good or bad about them. I'm visiting them both next week. My 4 year old son's at Christies North kindy at the moment (which is great) but is due to transition to primary in April then start school in July.

Thanks

Our son's been in year 7 since January and loves it. In summer time the kids walk to the beach for Aquatics week and the annual beach carnival. (uk sports day). The school's not new but is currently being refurbished. The principal is Heather Walker and very approachable. We contacted the school when we arrived here and she was more than happy to invite us for a tour. We did this with a couple of schools and opted for " Porties". We and more importantly Kieran have been happy with our decision.

Hope this helps

Andy

Guest The Gibbons Family

Hi there my friends little girl goes to port noarlunga and is very happy there i think its a very good school,if we moved to noarlunga we would have choosen that school the teaching is great,went to an open evening and was very impressed.

Guest Snape Family

Hi

We live in Hallett Cove but put our son in Port Noarlunga as we had heard good things an we haven't regretted it at all.

The staff and the principal (heather walker) are very welcoming and it feels like a little community school. The out of school care is also excellant and worth considering if you end up working.

Good luck with hat ever you decide.

Guest hopefull
    thanks everyone for your comments, I'm really looking forward to my tour of Port Noarlunga Primary tomorrow and so is my son!

Catrin

Good for you,

ask Heather to introduce you to our son Kieran, the boy with the very Scottish accent in year 7:jiggy:

Just a quick update - we decided on Port Noarlunga Primary and my son absolutely loves it there after 2 weeks in the 4-year old's programme on Friday afternoons. He can't wait to start full-time in July.

Know there's quite a few Poms with kids there - may bump into you at tomorrow night's Twilight Dance and Sausage Sizzle!

Guest seasalt

Both my girls go to porties and we love the community feel the school has. Mrs Walker is very approachable