Tradies

Guest mercury

Guest mercury
Never have understood why the jobs mentioned are tagged "professional",whilst the rest of us mere mortals are just workers:),just thinking out loud;)

No harm intended. Some examples of professionals according to me: engineers, lawyers, doctors and accountants. Is a cashier a "true" professional compared to the training one needs to become a doctor? I meant "professional" in the sense that it takes years of formal training, practical experience AND membership of a professional body [e.g. CPA]:)

No harm intended. Some examples of professionals according to me: engineers, lawyers, doctors and accountants. Is a cashier a "true" professional compared to the training one needs to become a doctor? I meant "professional" in the sense that it takes years of formal training, practical experience AND membership of a professional body [e.g. CPA]:)

erm dont forget the nurses please!:biglaugh:

Guest ben&sharon

I'm an accountant and I see several other finance managers and financial advisors posting quite regularly - I don't consider this site to be particularly geared towards any sort of profession or trade. The information on here is equally relevant to all of us, surely - the fact that I have letters after my name makes absolutely bugger all difference when I'm trying to find out how things work in this country........:confused:

:)

Guest mercury
erm dont forget the nurses please!:biglaugh:

Yes, nurses are professionals, at least the registered ones like yourself. Ozzieclare, I was just giving examples, my list of professions was not exhaustive...

No harm intended. Some examples of professionals according to me: engineers, lawyers, doctors and accountants. Is a cashier a "true" professional compared to the training one needs to become a doctor? I meant "professional" in the sense that it takes years of formal training, practical experience AND membership of a professional body [e.g. CPA]

Years of formal training like an apprentiship?:idea: btw i know you meant no offence,just thinking out loud,thats all:cute:

Guest ben&sharon
Is this web site geared towards people in the trades? I only ask because I do not see many professionals (e.g. accounting, law, finance) posting. Thanks!

Hi Mercury, I'm confused as to why you need to differentiate between "tradies" and "professionals". This web-site is intendened to provide assistance to anybody looking to move here or recently arrived here. My wife is a qualified accountant and I am a qualified plumber, but we're both in a country we don't know very well and appreciate help from those with a bit more experience than us (in the "living in Australia" sense). Professional tradesmen may well use this site more often than most due to the fact that building up contacts and learning from other people's experience is a major factor when starting your own (tradesman) business. Please remember that your life would be an awful lot more uncomfortable if you didn't have tradesmen to fix your toilet, shower, air-conditioning, car, electrics etc.

If you want help from "professionals", just ask. There are are plenty of them here, and I'm sure they'll be happy to assist in any way they can.

Best of luck

Ben

Guest mercury

Ben,

Again, I repeat, no disrespect meant (see my initial post on this thread). I was only asking a question .Also, I have not specified what I do for a living. Perhaps I am a tradesman myself?

Guest Guest75

I'm right out of it then - bottom of the pile.

I have no trade or other qualifications!!!!:biglaugh:

CSE's and GCE's

Visas and quotas are in the main designed to get skilled workers here in the most needed areas of employment.