Scozzie

Hallett Cove today

Hi,

After picking kids up from school today we decided to go to the shopping centre at Hallett Cove. Sitting at the traffic lights we see a bit of a commotion but no big deal (I thought) then flashing lights, intially I thought there had been an accident.

Next thing I see a guy leg it across the road and then guys with guns chase him, catch him and pin him to the ground...... This was the armed response unit, my chin was on the ground and my heart racing never seen anything like it. It all happened so fast and the little blue car was stopped just as we got there. They had 4 people sitting at the side of the road with their hands behinds their head whilst pointing guns at them. I think the other guy tried to make a runner too, but all seemed to be very relaxed and under control (except for me).

Anyway we drove into the carpark at HC and saw the helicopter overhead and all these cops with guns, very surreal. We were very close to the whole thing and I was a bit worried to get out the car. My kids (being typical boys) thought it all very exciting and have been asking questions all night. I'm just glad no-one got hurt.

I've been sitting watching for something to come on the news tonight but nothing. Lets face it must be quite serious for the response these guys had (they were driving a P plate car), but I'm sure this was not for using their mobile whilst driving or speeding lol!!

Anyone there?? Very scary!!

Guest guest569

Good to hear the police can be allowed to do their job properly in Oz. Not held back by human right do gooders !!!!!:arghh:

Good to hear the police can be allowed to do their job properly in Oz. Not held back by human right do gooders !!!!!:arghh:

I was so impressed by what happened today, despite being in the middle of things, felt in no danger..........!!

Guest Guest75
    I'll second that x

Thirded:)

Thought you'd have had a dig at HC again Bob:biglaugh:

Guest sarahsmartiepants

May have been to do with the gang of 49 thing, they have arrested someone at Lonsdale, but that was early evening, it was on the news this morning, but in true Adelaide style, it didnt get much of a look in over sport, the soccoroos and some footie coach in brissy done for being over the limit!

Guest katsmajic

Sounds pretty cool really - cops are real cops here and 'reasonable force' has a completely different level of understanding here than it does in the uk.

the crims are lucky they wernt in melly - they would have shot them not just pointed guns at them ;)

Years ago friends and i were walking home from school when we witnessed a bank robbery on the Bank of Cyprus, Seven sisters Road, Finsbury Park. It was straight out of The Sweeney i tell you, 4 guys legged it out of the bank, saw one shotgun and pickaxe handles i think, but the Police were waiting, they piled out of a Transit van, about 8 of them and steamed into these guys, the police had coshes, one robber tried to go over a corragated fence and this copper just cracked into him, i always remember a green Rover skidding to a halt to take them away, it was bloody brilliant! Turns out one of the Robbers was George Davies, there had been a campaign by his wife for a time before that he was innocent and he had been fitted up for an earlier job.....well he was caught red handed this time!

Whenever i watch The SWEENEY it takes me back, it was spot on the way they dealt with armed robbery, no mucking about!!!!!

Ahhh i love the 1970,s

Simon:)

Turns out one of the Robbers was George Davies, there had been a campaign by his wife for a time before that he was innocent and he had been fitted up for an earlier job.....well he was caught red handed this time!

Oooh that takes me back - I remember reading graffiti everywhere saying "George Davies is innocent"- never had a clue who he was or what he mwas innocent of, and must have been pretty young at the time but just reading your post reminded me!

Thats right Diane, the slogans were everywhere! I always remember they were written in white paint with a brush! I think it must have been around 1975/76.......great childhood memories of growing up in one of the more dodgy areas of London!!!!

Simon:shocked:

Guest graandjac

ALL those in favour say I............I:biglaugh: